RE: [infoguys-list] Re: Investigators Needed Nationwide This Saturday

  • Paul Curtis
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 8, 2006
      Sue,

      Thanks. I guess I was thinking that he probably would not come under the
      jurisdiction of the California courts if he was operating out of Canada. On
      the other hand, if the information gathered is used in a case before the
      courts here he is sort of between a rock and a really hard place, isn’t he?

      All my best,

      Paul Curtis

      Costa Mesa, CA

      pncurtis@...

      PS I doubt this is a freebie :-)

      _____

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 8, 2006

        > It doesn't matter what the laws say in Canada but rather it is the
        courts here in CA that he would have to face.

        In this case, I am not sure that he would have to face the courts in
        California at all, EVEN if these actions we refer to here in this
        post were found to be criminal......

        I strongly suspect that this is something that the state of
        California would not waste it's time or money on.... Of course
        though it is California, and I could certainly be wrong....

        Personally; I believe this is all a bunch of non-sense.

        I long for people that would make someone prove their statement, by
        saying: "Ok, let's test your legal theory. When I am finished, I
        will send you the names of all of the P.I.s that did this work for
        me in California, and what they did, and I challenge you to have me
        or cause me to be prosecuted over it".

        It is always good to deal with people that are that confident about
        what they are doing......

        Rick.

        RMRI, Inc.
        Columbia, Missouri
        (888) 571-0958
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 9, 2006
          Rick -

          You do not seem to understand as I have told you this previously so I will
          say it again.

          It does not matter what the State of CA is willing to do about it or not.
          ANY person can file an action in the court for an injunction against unlawful
          conduct. I've done it many, many times. Previously we would use the former
          17200 B&P but that was recently changed whereby only those personally harmed and
          out of pocket can file that way and when they prevail, they do get awarded
          attorney fees. Although there are no attorney fees for "injunctions" there are
          costs and I have an attorney friend who does them for GP.

          Before 17200 changed, there was a nonprofit, CAUP, who went after unlicensed
          people, not only PI's but all unlicensed parties. They never lost one. Since
          the change, I've only gone after 2 but 1 was from out of state and I won
          both.

          Rick, someday when we both have time remind me to tell you about the case I
          filed against the guy who put a bail Kiosk in the lobby of the San Luis Obispo
          County jail. He didn't have a bail license. If Kevin Ripa successfully
          saves my hard drive (which he just telephoned and said he believes he can), I
          believe a copy of the complaint might be on that drive. If so, I'll share it with
          you.

          Glendale, CA 91207
          818-242-2505
          818-246-3001 FAX

        • Ricky Gurley
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 9, 2006

            > It does not matter what the State of CA is willing to do about it
            or not.
            > ANY person can file an action in the court for an injunction
            against unlawful
            > conduct. I've done it many, many times. Previously we would use
            the former
            > 17200 B&P but that was recently changed whereby only those
            personally harmed and
            > out of pocket can file that way and when they prevail, they do get
            awarded
            > attorney fees. Although there are no attorney fees
            for "injunctions" there are
            > costs and I have an attorney friend who does them for GP.

            I believe you Sue.. I have no doubt that you could file a civil
            action in this case (in any case for that matter)..

            My point was not that a private person could not file on this case,
            but that I did not believe the state of California would see this
            case as something to spend the taxpayers money on. And because I am
            talking about California, I also stated that I could be wrong.. I do
            know that anytime the state of California will not extradite a
            violent offender from the state of Florida, on a felony sexual
            assault warrant, that there is a good possibility that the state of
            California will not get too involved in a misdemeanor licensing
            violation...

            I am off to court, talk to ya later Sue. Have a good day and take
            care..

            Rick.

            RMRI, Inc.
            Columbia, Missouri