Investigators Needed Nationwide This Saturday

  • Telematics-Online
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 8, 2006
      Greetings to all members,

      I apologize for the cross posting.

      Telematics-Online requires contract investigators throughout the United
      States for this Saturday's upcoming Pay-Per-View event (Antonio Tarver vs.
      Bernard Hopkins).

      You must be a licensed Private Investigator (if required in your state) and
      have access to a covert video camera (pinhole, cell phone, etc...).

      Telematics-Online offers a highly competitive bounty fee and reimburses the
      investigator for the following:

      * Notary/Commissioner for Oaths fees
      * Cover Charges
      * Postage
      * Film & Video Allowance

      Our top investigators earn $400 - $800 per event and average earning are
      $125/hour for a 3 hour assignment.

      There are approximately 2-4 events per month.

      If you are interested in assisting please reply off list to
      investigations@... (subject: Signal Theft Positions) with the
      following information:

      1. Your firms name, address, zip, city & state; and
      2. Your telephone, mobile & fax numbers; and
      3. Your email address and url address; and
      4. Your agency license number; and
      5. Number of Investigators you intend to commit.

      Thank you and best regards,
      -Ryan

      J. Ryan Winter
      Managing Director
      SK PI Lic.#: 5627

      Direct Line: (306) 352-3533
      Facsimile: (306) 352-3534
      Toll Free: (877) 777-3533
      Mobile: (306) 533-9479

      Telematics-Online Research & Investigation
      Suite 427, 4246 Albert Street
      Regina, SK Canada S4S 3R9
      www.telematics-online.com

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 8, 2006
        Ryan -

        Since you are a licensed investigator, are you actually a licensee in all of
        the states that require licensing of the 50? If not, wouldn't your subbing
        out to licensees be a crime? That is, of course, unless you are doing this for
        free and not getting paid any money or other consideration. For that matter,
        in some states, isn't certain types of conspiracies a felony?

        Just curious.

        Glendale, CA 91207

      • Ricky Gurley
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 8, 2006

          > Ryan -
          >
          > Since you are a licensed investigator, are you actually a licensee
          in all of
          > the states that require licensing of the 50? If not, wouldn't
          your subbing
          > out to licensees be a crime? That is, of course, unless you are
          doing this for
          > free and not getting paid any money or other consideration.

          Sue,

          I think that all he is asking for is people to assist in Signal
          Piracy Investigations.

          If this is the case could you explain to us the difference
          between what he is doing and you hiring an out of state Licensed
          Private Investigator to assist you on a case you are working in
          California, that requires some type of investigative work outside of
          the state of California i.e. pulling documents, surveillance,
          garbage collection etc., etc....?

          Rick.

          RMRI, Inc.
          Columbia, Missouri
          (888) 571-0958
        • Paul Curtis
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 8, 2006
            Perhaps we overlooked something here. This request comes to us from our
            neighbors to the north in Canada. I suspect that the rules are a bit
            different up there. I know the jurisdiction is.

            Paul Curtis

            Costa Mesa, CA

            pncurtis@...

            _____

            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 8, 2006
              Rick -

              I’m surprised you would ask something so obvious.

              If I hire you as a client, I am directly responsible for your bill and I pay
              you for your services either out of my pocket or I present your bill to the
              client. Should the client fail to pay, well, guess what I eat for breakfast.
              I am not making any money on the deal and, depending upon the laws of your
              state, I better NOT be padding that bill.

              On the other hand, with what many of the investigators do who are farming
              out the pay-per-view matters, they are paying a portion of money they have been
              paid. In other words, they are making money on our work. In CA it clearly
              says that for anyone to offer to provide services for PI work here in CA for
              ANY CONSIDERATION WHATSOEVER, they must be duly licensed in CA. This would
              be considered CA work being done in CA for an investigator requiring a CA
              license.

              On the other hand, the attorneys out there that are hiring PI’s to do same
              are within the confines of, if nothing else, CA’s laws. I cannot speak for
              most others.

              818-242-9824 FAX

              thank a military veteran.

              God Bless America and her allies forever !!

              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 8, 2006
                Paul -

                If anyone holds themselves out as being able to provide CA investigations
                for any consideration whatsoever, they must be duly licensed in accordance with
                §§ 7521 and 7523. He does not qualify for an exemption.

                However, for all I know he might be duly licensed in CA. I haven't checked.
                I just asked the question. Also, I will reiterate, if he is not making ANY
                money at all on these subbings, he's not in any violation either.

                It doesn't matter what the laws say in Canada but rather it is the courts
                here in CA that he would have to face.

                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 8, 2006
                  Sue,

                  Thanks. I guess I was thinking that he probably would not come under the
                  jurisdiction of the California courts if he was operating out of Canada. On
                  the other hand, if the information gathered is used in a case before the
                  courts here he is sort of between a rock and a really hard place, isn’t he?

                  All my best,

                  Paul Curtis

                  Costa Mesa, CA

                  pncurtis@...

                  PS I doubt this is a freebie :-)

                  _____

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 8, 2006

                    > It doesn't matter what the laws say in Canada but rather it is the
                    courts here in CA that he would have to face.

                    In this case, I am not sure that he would have to face the courts in
                    California at all, EVEN if these actions we refer to here in this
                    post were found to be criminal......

                    I strongly suspect that this is something that the state of
                    California would not waste it's time or money on.... Of course
                    though it is California, and I could certainly be wrong....

                    Personally; I believe this is all a bunch of non-sense.

                    I long for people that would make someone prove their statement, by
                    saying: "Ok, let's test your legal theory. When I am finished, I
                    will send you the names of all of the P.I.s that did this work for
                    me in California, and what they did, and I challenge you to have me
                    or cause me to be prosecuted over it".

                    It is always good to deal with people that are that confident about
                    what they are doing......

                    Rick.

                    RMRI, Inc.
                    Columbia, Missouri
                    (888) 571-0958
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 9, 2006
                      Rick -

                      You do not seem to understand as I have told you this previously so I will
                      say it again.

                      It does not matter what the State of CA is willing to do about it or not.
                      ANY person can file an action in the court for an injunction against unlawful
                      conduct. I've done it many, many times. Previously we would use the former
                      17200 B&P but that was recently changed whereby only those personally harmed and
                      out of pocket can file that way and when they prevail, they do get awarded
                      attorney fees. Although there are no attorney fees for "injunctions" there are
                      costs and I have an attorney friend who does them for GP.

                      Before 17200 changed, there was a nonprofit, CAUP, who went after unlicensed
                      people, not only PI's but all unlicensed parties. They never lost one. Since
                      the change, I've only gone after 2 but 1 was from out of state and I won
                      both.

                      Rick, someday when we both have time remind me to tell you about the case I
                      filed against the guy who put a bail Kiosk in the lobby of the San Luis Obispo
                      County jail. He didn't have a bail license. If Kevin Ripa successfully
                      saves my hard drive (which he just telephoned and said he believes he can), I
                      believe a copy of the complaint might be on that drive. If so, I'll share it with
                      you.

                      Glendale, CA 91207
                      818-242-2505
                      818-246-3001 FAX

                    • Ricky Gurley
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 9, 2006

                        > It does not matter what the State of CA is willing to do about it
                        or not.
                        > ANY person can file an action in the court for an injunction
                        against unlawful
                        > conduct. I've done it many, many times. Previously we would use
                        the former
                        > 17200 B&P but that was recently changed whereby only those
                        personally harmed and
                        > out of pocket can file that way and when they prevail, they do get
                        awarded
                        > attorney fees. Although there are no attorney fees
                        for "injunctions" there are
                        > costs and I have an attorney friend who does them for GP.

                        I believe you Sue.. I have no doubt that you could file a civil
                        action in this case (in any case for that matter)..

                        My point was not that a private person could not file on this case,
                        but that I did not believe the state of California would see this
                        case as something to spend the taxpayers money on. And because I am
                        talking about California, I also stated that I could be wrong.. I do
                        know that anytime the state of California will not extradite a
                        violent offender from the state of Florida, on a felony sexual
                        assault warrant, that there is a good possibility that the state of
                        California will not get too involved in a misdemeanor licensing
                        violation...

                        I am off to court, talk to ya later Sue. Have a good day and take
                        care..

                        Rick.

                        RMRI, Inc.
                        Columbia, Missouri