Locate where someone is buried-Leif

  • Rus B. Robison
    Message 1 of 5 , May 22, 2006
      Leif,

      The Bureau of Vital Statistics (or similarly named State department) is your
      best bet. They have to issue Death Certificates so that the family can
      collect life insurance or prove the death for any other reason.

      It will include all the known vitals, i.e. date of birth, place of birth,
      parents, time, place and manner of death, the funeral home and place of
      internment.

      With best regards, I remain...

      Very truly yours,

      The Robison Companies, LLC

      Private Investigators

      Rus B. Robison

      Post Office Box 720560

      Oklahoma City, OK 73172

      OKLAHOMA'S FIRST STATE LICENSED PRIVATE INVESTIGATION AGENCY. SINCE 1972.

    • Eric Blake
      Message 2 of 5 , May 22, 2006
        I would start with the SSN death master index and confirm his listed location of death and then contact the administrators of the cemetaries in that area. You are bound to find someone that "knows of" your subject or one of their relatives.

        Leif <leif@...> wrote: How would someone locate where a person was buried, if they died more
        than ten years ago? This is in or near yonkers NY.
        What has been tried
        assessors and voter registration
        city clerk ( mailed in for birth / death records)
        archives for newspapers obits
        family members (old paper work / bibles/ military paper work)

        This is all second hand info to me.

        My next step would be bonding with a pay phone and a list of funeral
        parlors ( Not that I would ever pretext anyone)

        Any Thoughts?

        Leif "Krang"

        Credit report law Government law Law Private investigator Use

        ---------------------------------

        Phase 3 Consulting.
        Security, Investigation & Corporate Counterintelligence.
        14033 Highway NN
        Eldridge, MO 65463
        (417)426-5124

        Message 3 of 5 , May 22, 2006
          You can also try www.internment.net
          you can look by state and county.

        • john carman
          Message 4 of 5 , May 23, 2006
            I couldn't resist this as I know how difficult it can be trying to locate "live" targets as well as "dead" ones.(In the U.S. or outside the country) When everything else fails, it is time to use a genealogy expert.

            This is for everyone's benefit.

            Has anyone tried contact a genealogy expert like Jill Ekstrom? utahfinders@...

            Tell her John Carman sent you and she may surprise you all with her excellent research capabilities and she is very fair with her prices.

            Good luck!

            John Carman

            John Carman-Former U.S.Secret Service-U.S.Customs,INS(DOJ),SDPD-POST Certified
            Director-Carman Investigations & Security Consultant
            California State License P.I. 8686, AFIO, CALI, PICA, SDCIA Member
            California Narcotic Officer's Association Life Member(CNOA)
            P.O. Box 3811
            La Mesa, Ca. 91944
            Pager:(619)601-9250
            johncarman@...
            www.CarmanInvestigations.com

            CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING! This electronic message contains information which
            may be privileged and/or confidential. This information is intended for the
            exclusive use of the individual(s), entity, or persons named or indicated
            above. Any unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of
            any parts of the contents of this message/information is strictly prohibited
            by federal law. Any attempts to intercept this message are in violation of
            Title 18 U.S.C. 2511(1) of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA).
            All violators are subject to fines, imprisonment, civil damages, or both.