Re: [infoguys-list] Oh, Geez......Re: help re: Nextel look-up!

    Message 1 of 5 , May 12, 2006
      Amy -

      No, Congress does not want to ban cell phones, etc. It is already illegal.
      ALL phone company records are taboo and untouchable, so said Congress many,
      many years ago. Congress is just going to be moving it to other places and
      write it in kindergarten language so that everyone trips over it and cannot
      possibly misunderstand what it says regardless of how ignorant one might be.

      You may not realize this but my time is very valuable and there is not
      enough of it. I share what I know to hopefully save some of my friends the pain
      that some of my colleagues are currently going through. One of the first 12
      contacted me and told me that it is estimated that the complete compliance for
      the Congressional subpoena is going to take no less than 1,000 hours.
      Another one requested my assistance but I really couldn't help them where they
      needed the help. I had no first hand knowledge of a particular person. Five
      have already been filed on by the FTC. I've been telephonically threatened
      TWICE by a federal agency alleging I'm impeding an ongoing investigation.
      Although my attorneys and I totally disagree, the fact still remains that I am
      quite positive they are reading these groups lest they wouldn't know I've been
      warning people.

      Perhaps your civil litigator husband will be kind enough to review the
      following, for starters:

      Communications Act of 1934 (Revised 1996 I believe) [47 U.S.C. 222] PRIVACY
      OF CUSTOMER INFORMATION declares telephone bills confidential.

      Pretexting violates federal law per TITLE 15, CHAPTER 2, SUBCHAPTER I, § 45

      I believe everyone is aware and in agreement that retrieving mail from
      someone's mailbox violates federal law.

      So, with that said, I sure as heck cannot think of many legal ways to get
      your hands on someone's phone bill without their consent, a court order and in
      some cases, a subpoena. I'm not certain how many states have invalidated
      subpoenas for phone company records but I know CA has. That law is -

      CCP §1985.3. Definitions; Subpoena of Personal Records of Consumer
      (f) A subpoena duces tecum for personal records maintained by a telephone
      corporation which is a public utility, as defined in Section 216 of the Public
      Utilities Code, shall not be valid or effective unless it includes a consent
      to release, signed by the consumer whose records are requested, as required
      by Section 2891 of the Public Utilities Code.

      Sorry but you THUNK wrong.

      818-242-9824 FAX

      thank a military veteran.

      God Bless America and her allies forever !!

    • Lori Wilkins
      Message 2 of 5 , May 13, 2006
        Sue:
        Is it possible that your tendency to post as if you are the only one who knows anything as well as your obvious enjoyment while demeaning others is indicative of some type of personality disorder? You obviously have a lot of knowledge but your method of delivery leaves a lot to be desired.
        Lori L. Wilkins, LPI
        Southeastern Research & Investigations, LLC
        3820 East Britt David Rd
        Columbus, GA 31909
        706-653-5397
        seripi@...