Re: [infoguys-list] Re: HELP !!!

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 22, 2006
      To All -

      Thank you so very much for all of the assistance.

      It winds up my 88 year old neighbor and his 55 year old disabled son hardly
      ever use the computer. An update task was enabled which automatically
      updates the desktop and removes anything that has not been used for quite sometime
      or never used. Winds up they hardly use anything except Yahoo for emails.
      Therefore, everything was gone.

      Because it was still "enabled", it would not allow me to put them back
      whether dragging, clicking for shortcuts or anything. Finally figured it out,
      disabled the prompt and voila !!!

      Again, thank you all.

    • Ryugen C Fisher
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 23, 2006
        Hello suesarkis,

        Saturday, April 22, 2006, 12:11:33 PM, you wrote:

        > Folks -
        >
        > I'm at a neighbors' house trying to help them figure out what has
        > happened to their desktop which has disappeared. They have a DELL
        > with DSL. He uses Yahoo as his Internet browser. The only thing on
        > the desktop is the background screen but no icons for programs. I
        > have tried to manually drag them there to no avail.
        >
        > Any thoughts?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Sue

        > href="mailto:infoguys-list-subscribe@yahoogroups.com">infoguys-list-subscribe@yahoogroups.com</a><br/>
        > To unsubscribe, send a message to <a
        > href="mailto:infoguys-list-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com">infoguys-list-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com</a><br/>
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        CTL-ALT-DEL to start TASK MANAGER .. -. start new task.. type in
        "explore" ...

        if that works I will gladly help you through the next step

        --
        Respectfully,

        Ryugen C Fisher
        PCG-Investigations