Re: Address and employment histories

  • truskateer
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2 8:49 PM
      Thank you for your informative response. Thank you to those two of
      you also who responded offlist.

      --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, Ryugen C Fisher <mycroft@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello truskateer,
      >
      > Address checks are easy -- the information is essentially in the
      > public domain, i.e. Phone books, Post Office, etc. which is not to
      say
      > that is is LEGALLY in the public domain (for those that are
      sticklers
      > for facts, Sue)
      >
      > Having said that, EMPLOYMENT checks are NEVER in the "public
      domain".
      > Accurate employment information is, for the most part, only
      available
      > through or from a legally restricted source. Professional
      skiptracers,
      > working to recover a lien, loan or judgement can and often do
      acquire
      > and use employment information as a necessary tool for recovery.
      But
      > even in such cases, privacy laws place real restrictions on what
      data
      > they can get and who they can share it with. The "key" to this
      > procedure is, of course, the VALID and LEGAL instrument that they
      are
      > working from and with.
      >
      > In pursuing a judgement, you will (or should have) access to the
      > original information as given by the person you will be looking
      for.
      > This will most likely include SSN# and Present Employer data.
      >
      > So, to conclude - since the usual way to get Employer information
      is
      > from Credit Headers, and Credit Headers are protected by 15 USC
      Sub I
      > Sec 6801-6809 (GLB) those folks who WOULD supply that data are
      looking
      > at a MUCH more severe penalty for doing so than the one for FALSE
      > ADVERTISING of which they are most probably guilty.
      >
      > Caveat Emptor!
      >

      > Wednesday, March 1, 2006, 9:47:30 AM, you wrote:
      >
      > > Can anyone tell me how to get accurate address and employment
      > > histories. I've been ripped off by a couple of $29.95 online
      > > memberships. Address and employment information is all I need.
      I do
      > > not need complete background checks.

      > --
      > Respectfully,
      >
      > Ryugen C Fisher
      > PCG-Investigations
      > http://www.pcg-investigations.com
      > -Serving our clients since 1984-
      >
      > mailto:mycroft@...
      >
      > 7:42:52 AM Wednesday, March 1, 2006

    • truskateer
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2 9:08 PM
        No, I am not a licensed private investigator. I am puzzled by your
        response. The group description reads: "Welcome! Infoguys is a tool
        for the information professional, the attorney, the private
        investigator, and the general public." I am a member of the general
        public. The gentleman who responded onlist after your post
        graciously clarified the concept of permissible purpose. I was just
        trying to see if I could get information for a particular
        permissible purpose without having to pay a high price for it.

        > Dear Truskateer -
        >
        > You are a licensed private investigator with a lawful, permissible
        purpose
        > for this information from where? Which company? Which state?
        What license
        > number?
        >

        > Sincerely yours,
        > Sue
        > Sue Sarkis
        > Sarkis Detective Agency
        >

        > (est. 1976)
        > PI 6564
        > 1346 Ethel Street
        > Glendale, CA 91207-1826
        > 818-242-2505
        > 818-242-9824 FAX
        >
        > If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in
        English,