Re: [infoguys-list] Address and employment histories

  • Ryugen C Fisher
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2006
      Hello truskateer,

      Address checks are easy -- the information is essentially in the
      public domain, i.e. Phone books, Post Office, etc. which is not to say
      that is is LEGALLY in the public domain (for those that are sticklers
      for facts, Sue)

      Having said that, EMPLOYMENT checks are NEVER in the "public domain".
      Accurate employment information is, for the most part, only available
      through or from a legally restricted source. Professional skiptracers,
      working to recover a lien, loan or judgement can and often do acquire
      and use employment information as a necessary tool for recovery. But
      even in such cases, privacy laws place real restrictions on what data
      they can get and who they can share it with. The "key" to this
      procedure is, of course, the VALID and LEGAL instrument that they are
      working from and with.

      In pursuing a judgement, you will (or should have) access to the
      original information as given by the person you will be looking for.
      This will most likely include SSN# and Present Employer data.

      So, to conclude - since the usual way to get Employer information is
      from Credit Headers, and Credit Headers are protected by 15 USC Sub I
      Sec 6801-6809 (GLB) those folks who WOULD supply that data are looking
      at a MUCH more severe penalty for doing so than the one for FALSE
      ADVERTISING of which they are most probably guilty.

      Caveat Emptor!

      --
      Respectfully,

      Ryugen C Fisher
      PCG-Investigations
      http://www.pcg-investigations.com
      -Serving our clients since 1984-

      mailto:mycroft@...

      7:42:52 AM Wednesday, March 1, 2006
    • truskateer
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2006
        Thank you for your informative response. Thank you to those two of
        you also who responded offlist.

        --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, Ryugen C Fisher <mycroft@...>
        wrote:

        > Hello truskateer,
        >
        > Address checks are easy -- the information is essentially in the
        > public domain, i.e. Phone books, Post Office, etc. which is not to
        say
        > that is is LEGALLY in the public domain (for those that are
        sticklers
        > for facts, Sue)
        >
        > Having said that, EMPLOYMENT checks are NEVER in the "public
        domain".
        > Accurate employment information is, for the most part, only
        available
        > through or from a legally restricted source. Professional
        skiptracers,
        > working to recover a lien, loan or judgement can and often do
        acquire
        > and use employment information as a necessary tool for recovery.
        But
        > even in such cases, privacy laws place real restrictions on what
        data
        > they can get and who they can share it with. The "key" to this
        > procedure is, of course, the VALID and LEGAL instrument that they
        are
        > working from and with.
        >
        > In pursuing a judgement, you will (or should have) access to the
        > original information as given by the person you will be looking
        for.
        > This will most likely include SSN# and Present Employer data.
        >
        > So, to conclude - since the usual way to get Employer information
        is
        > from Credit Headers, and Credit Headers are protected by 15 USC
        Sub I
        > Sec 6801-6809 (GLB) those folks who WOULD supply that data are
        looking
        > at a MUCH more severe penalty for doing so than the one for FALSE
        > ADVERTISING of which they are most probably guilty.
        >
        > Caveat Emptor!
        >

        > Wednesday, March 1, 2006, 9:47:30 AM, you wrote:
        >
        > > Can anyone tell me how to get accurate address and employment
        > > histories. I've been ripped off by a couple of $29.95 online
        > > memberships. Address and employment information is all I need.
        I do
        > > not need complete background checks.

        > --
        > Respectfully,
        >
        > Ryugen C Fisher
        > PCG-Investigations
        > http://www.pcg-investigations.com
        > -Serving our clients since 1984-
        >
        > mailto:mycroft@...
        >
        > 7:42:52 AM Wednesday, March 1, 2006

      • truskateer
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2006
          No, I am not a licensed private investigator. I am puzzled by your
          response. The group description reads: "Welcome! Infoguys is a tool
          for the information professional, the attorney, the private
          investigator, and the general public." I am a member of the general
          public. The gentleman who responded onlist after your post
          graciously clarified the concept of permissible purpose. I was just
          trying to see if I could get information for a particular
          permissible purpose without having to pay a high price for it.

          > Dear Truskateer -
          >
          > You are a licensed private investigator with a lawful, permissible
          purpose
          > for this information from where? Which company? Which state?
          What license
          > number?
          >

          > Sincerely yours,
          > Sue
          > Sue Sarkis
          > Sarkis Detective Agency
          >

          > (est. 1976)
          > PI 6564
          > 1346 Ethel Street
          > Glendale, CA 91207-1826
          > 818-242-2505
          > 818-242-9824 FAX
          >
          > If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in
          English,