Re: [infoguys-list] Address and employment histories

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2006
      Dear Truskateer -

      You are a licensed private investigator with a lawful, permissible purpose
      for this information from where? Which company? Which state? What license
      number?

      818-242-9824 FAX

      thank a military veteran.

      God Bless America and her allies forever !!

      In a message dated 3/1/2006 9:30:03 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      truskateer@... writes:

      Can anyone tell me how to get accurate address and employment
      histories. I've been ripped off by a couple of $29.95 online
      memberships. Address and employment information is all I need. I do
      not need complete background checks.

    • Ryugen C Fisher
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2006
        Hello truskateer,

        Address checks are easy -- the information is essentially in the
        public domain, i.e. Phone books, Post Office, etc. which is not to say
        that is is LEGALLY in the public domain (for those that are sticklers
        for facts, Sue)

        Having said that, EMPLOYMENT checks are NEVER in the "public domain".
        Accurate employment information is, for the most part, only available
        through or from a legally restricted source. Professional skiptracers,
        working to recover a lien, loan or judgement can and often do acquire
        and use employment information as a necessary tool for recovery. But
        even in such cases, privacy laws place real restrictions on what data
        they can get and who they can share it with. The "key" to this
        procedure is, of course, the VALID and LEGAL instrument that they are
        working from and with.

        In pursuing a judgement, you will (or should have) access to the
        original information as given by the person you will be looking for.
        This will most likely include SSN# and Present Employer data.

        So, to conclude - since the usual way to get Employer information is
        from Credit Headers, and Credit Headers are protected by 15 USC Sub I
        Sec 6801-6809 (GLB) those folks who WOULD supply that data are looking
        at a MUCH more severe penalty for doing so than the one for FALSE
        ADVERTISING of which they are most probably guilty.

        Caveat Emptor!

        --
        Respectfully,

        Ryugen C Fisher
        PCG-Investigations
        http://www.pcg-investigations.com
        -Serving our clients since 1984-

        mailto:mycroft@...

        7:42:52 AM Wednesday, March 1, 2006
      • truskateer
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2006
          Thank you for your informative response. Thank you to those two of
          you also who responded offlist.

          --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, Ryugen C Fisher <mycroft@...>
          wrote:

          > Hello truskateer,
          >
          > Address checks are easy -- the information is essentially in the
          > public domain, i.e. Phone books, Post Office, etc. which is not to
          say
          > that is is LEGALLY in the public domain (for those that are
          sticklers
          > for facts, Sue)
          >
          > Having said that, EMPLOYMENT checks are NEVER in the "public
          domain".
          > Accurate employment information is, for the most part, only
          available
          > through or from a legally restricted source. Professional
          skiptracers,
          > working to recover a lien, loan or judgement can and often do
          acquire
          > and use employment information as a necessary tool for recovery.
          But
          > even in such cases, privacy laws place real restrictions on what
          data
          > they can get and who they can share it with. The "key" to this
          > procedure is, of course, the VALID and LEGAL instrument that they
          are
          > working from and with.
          >
          > In pursuing a judgement, you will (or should have) access to the
          > original information as given by the person you will be looking
          for.
          > This will most likely include SSN# and Present Employer data.
          >
          > So, to conclude - since the usual way to get Employer information
          is
          > from Credit Headers, and Credit Headers are protected by 15 USC
          Sub I
          > Sec 6801-6809 (GLB) those folks who WOULD supply that data are
          looking
          > at a MUCH more severe penalty for doing so than the one for FALSE
          > ADVERTISING of which they are most probably guilty.
          >
          > Caveat Emptor!
          >

          > Wednesday, March 1, 2006, 9:47:30 AM, you wrote:
          >
          > > Can anyone tell me how to get accurate address and employment
          > > histories. I've been ripped off by a couple of $29.95 online
          > > memberships. Address and employment information is all I need.
          I do
          > > not need complete background checks.

          > --
          > Respectfully,
          >
          > Ryugen C Fisher
          > PCG-Investigations
          > http://www.pcg-investigations.com
          > -Serving our clients since 1984-
          >
          > mailto:mycroft@...
          >
          > 7:42:52 AM Wednesday, March 1, 2006

        • truskateer
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 2, 2006
            No, I am not a licensed private investigator. I am puzzled by your
            response. The group description reads: "Welcome! Infoguys is a tool
            for the information professional, the attorney, the private
            investigator, and the general public." I am a member of the general
            public. The gentleman who responded onlist after your post
            graciously clarified the concept of permissible purpose. I was just
            trying to see if I could get information for a particular
            permissible purpose without having to pay a high price for it.

            > Dear Truskateer -
            >
            > You are a licensed private investigator with a lawful, permissible
            purpose
            > for this information from where? Which company? Which state?
            What license
            > number?
            >

            > Sincerely yours,
            > Sue
            > Sue Sarkis
            > Sarkis Detective Agency
            >

            > (est. 1976)
            > PI 6564
            > 1346 Ethel Street
            > Glendale, CA 91207-1826
            > 818-242-2505
            > 818-242-9824 FAX
            >
            > If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in
            English,