Address and employment histories

  • truskateer
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2006
      Can anyone tell me how to get accurate address and employment
      histories. I've been ripped off by a couple of $29.95 online
      memberships. Address and employment information is all I need. I do
      not need complete background checks.
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2006
        Dear Truskateer -

        You are a licensed private investigator with a lawful, permissible purpose
        for this information from where? Which company? Which state? What license
        number?

        818-242-9824 FAX

        thank a military veteran.

        God Bless America and her allies forever !!

        In a message dated 3/1/2006 9:30:03 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
        truskateer@... writes:

        Can anyone tell me how to get accurate address and employment
        histories. I've been ripped off by a couple of $29.95 online
        memberships. Address and employment information is all I need. I do
        not need complete background checks.

      • Ryugen C Fisher
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2006
          Hello truskateer,

          Address checks are easy -- the information is essentially in the
          public domain, i.e. Phone books, Post Office, etc. which is not to say
          that is is LEGALLY in the public domain (for those that are sticklers
          for facts, Sue)

          Having said that, EMPLOYMENT checks are NEVER in the "public domain".
          Accurate employment information is, for the most part, only available
          through or from a legally restricted source. Professional skiptracers,
          working to recover a lien, loan or judgement can and often do acquire
          and use employment information as a necessary tool for recovery. But
          even in such cases, privacy laws place real restrictions on what data
          they can get and who they can share it with. The "key" to this
          procedure is, of course, the VALID and LEGAL instrument that they are
          working from and with.

          In pursuing a judgement, you will (or should have) access to the
          original information as given by the person you will be looking for.
          This will most likely include SSN# and Present Employer data.

          So, to conclude - since the usual way to get Employer information is
          from Credit Headers, and Credit Headers are protected by 15 USC Sub I
          Sec 6801-6809 (GLB) those folks who WOULD supply that data are looking
          at a MUCH more severe penalty for doing so than the one for FALSE
          ADVERTISING of which they are most probably guilty.

          Caveat Emptor!

          --
          Respectfully,

          Ryugen C Fisher
          PCG-Investigations
          http://www.pcg-investigations.com
          -Serving our clients since 1984-

          mailto:mycroft@...

          7:42:52 AM Wednesday, March 1, 2006
        • truskateer
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 2, 2006
            Thank you for your informative response. Thank you to those two of
            you also who responded offlist.

            --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, Ryugen C Fisher <mycroft@...>
            wrote:

            > Hello truskateer,
            >
            > Address checks are easy -- the information is essentially in the
            > public domain, i.e. Phone books, Post Office, etc. which is not to
            say
            > that is is LEGALLY in the public domain (for those that are
            sticklers
            > for facts, Sue)
            >
            > Having said that, EMPLOYMENT checks are NEVER in the "public
            domain".
            > Accurate employment information is, for the most part, only
            available
            > through or from a legally restricted source. Professional
            skiptracers,
            > working to recover a lien, loan or judgement can and often do
            acquire
            > and use employment information as a necessary tool for recovery.
            But
            > even in such cases, privacy laws place real restrictions on what
            data
            > they can get and who they can share it with. The "key" to this
            > procedure is, of course, the VALID and LEGAL instrument that they
            are
            > working from and with.
            >
            > In pursuing a judgement, you will (or should have) access to the
            > original information as given by the person you will be looking
            for.
            > This will most likely include SSN# and Present Employer data.
            >
            > So, to conclude - since the usual way to get Employer information
            is
            > from Credit Headers, and Credit Headers are protected by 15 USC
            Sub I
            > Sec 6801-6809 (GLB) those folks who WOULD supply that data are
            looking
            > at a MUCH more severe penalty for doing so than the one for FALSE
            > ADVERTISING of which they are most probably guilty.
            >
            > Caveat Emptor!
            >

            > Wednesday, March 1, 2006, 9:47:30 AM, you wrote:
            >
            > > Can anyone tell me how to get accurate address and employment
            > > histories. I've been ripped off by a couple of $29.95 online
            > > memberships. Address and employment information is all I need.
            I do
            > > not need complete background checks.

            > --
            > Respectfully,
            >
            > Ryugen C Fisher
            > PCG-Investigations
            > http://www.pcg-investigations.com
            > -Serving our clients since 1984-
            >
            > mailto:mycroft@...
            >
            > 7:42:52 AM Wednesday, March 1, 2006

          • truskateer
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 2, 2006
              No, I am not a licensed private investigator. I am puzzled by your
              response. The group description reads: "Welcome! Infoguys is a tool
              for the information professional, the attorney, the private
              investigator, and the general public." I am a member of the general
              public. The gentleman who responded onlist after your post
              graciously clarified the concept of permissible purpose. I was just
              trying to see if I could get information for a particular
              permissible purpose without having to pay a high price for it.

              > Dear Truskateer -
              >
              > You are a licensed private investigator with a lawful, permissible
              purpose
              > for this information from where? Which company? Which state?
              What license
              > number?
              >

              > Sincerely yours,
              > Sue
              > Sue Sarkis
              > Sarkis Detective Agency
              >

              > (est. 1976)
              > PI 6564
              > 1346 Ethel Street
              > Glendale, CA 91207-1826
              > 818-242-2505
              > 818-242-9824 FAX
              >
              > If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in
              English,