Re: [Attorney-InformationExchange] Need your thoughts on this: permanent injury

  • oracleintl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2006
      In a message dated 1/31/2006 6:39:50 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      Jurydoctor@... writes:

      Plaintiff went to an attorney who gave him some names of doctors in the area
      – he chose one.
      [Deleted Text]

      Any thoughts of what I can ask to remove jurors for cause who in voir dire
      admit they lean to finding no permanency unless the person is physically
      disabled or there are objective signs of injury?

      Hi Amy,

      You have a guy who was rear-ended and felt fine at the scene. He never went
      to see any doctor - he went to see an attorney who sent him to a doctor on
      "The List."

      Now he claims subjective pain with nothing objective to support it, unless
      you find Dr. Prostitute credible.

      I wouldn't worry about "permanent;" unless, of course, you managed to get
      this filed in East St. Louis (Notorious capital of ridiculous verdicts). If you
      hope to collect a dime, I'd worry about paneling a jury where none of them
      has a clue how the system works.

      My verdict for Plaintiff would be a very round number.

      Bill E. Branscum, Investigator
      Oracle International
      _http://www.fraudsandscams.com/_ (http://www.fraudsandscams.com/)
      _http://www.oracleinternational.com/_ (http://www.oracleinternational.com/)