RE: [infoguys-list] Re: Leifs Exersise in Futility totally new subject

  • Ryugen Fisher
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 6, 2005
      Without getting into vast discussions of STATUTE vs CASE Law, as I
      understand the BLACK LETTER LAW involved, it is perfectly legal to use,
      spell and pronounce you name any way you choose as long is there is NO
      covert or overt (implied or demonstrated) attempt to defraud creditors. In
      that same light, you may use any number of names provided that all legal
      obligations incurred by each and every name be met.

      You can say your name is spelled "Giuseppe Verdi", pronounced "Joe Green"
      and as long as you don't sign autographs for football fans or opera scores
      for Classical music buffs (nor attempt to levy royalties etc) you are not
      breaking any laws ....

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 6, 2005
        In a message dated 10/6/2005 9:40:04 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
        leif@... writes:

        Further more if I used a fake name to order an item from a catalog
        that I paid for with a money order is it fraud?

        No Leif, it is not a fraud unless someone is defrauded.

        You can order your stuff in any name you choose, so long as the merchant is
        paid, and they'll usually be accommodating and ship in a plain brown wrapper.
        I hope you find that pump thingy to be useful, and I cannot blame you for
        not wanting anyone to know.

        Bill

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 6, 2005
          Leif -

          Rather than marking the unwanted mail DECEASED perhaps you might consider
          marking them REFUSED in the future. They will be returned and the sender will
          quickly get the message.

          There are many lawful ways to stop junk mail. The easiest way is to
          complete a postal form 1500 (I believe that's the number) and submitting to your
          postal carrier. They probably can be found online at the _www.usps.com_
          (http://www.usps.com) site.

          Another way would be to go online and find the contact information for the
          DMA's such as Abacus, ADVO, Polk, Experian, etc. They might even have just
          one form for the DMA (Direct Marketing Agency) itself.

          818-246-3001 FAX

          thank a military veteran.

          God Bless America and her allies forever !!