Pro-bono or fraud ??

    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 2, 2005
      Dear Ms. Snelling:

      If I remember correctly the entire thread started back when a woman of
      limited means, Betteye, indicated she was desirous of obtaining a marriage record
      of former years out of Tijuana.

      I further understand, or at least it was made to appear, that John Carman
      offered to do the assignment for $500 and you have offered to provide the
      services "pro bono".

      Now I have to ask, what the hell makes you think you could possibly obtain
      marriage records from previous years out of Tijuana for free? What experience
      do you have dealing with civil service employees in Tijuana? What good does it
      do to offer someone services "pro bono" if you cannot deliver timely?

      The American civil service employees in Mexico, specifically Tijuana, as
      well as cab drivers, police, and a variety of others conduct business via “La
      Mordida" which is an intrinsic part of the Mexican working system for the
      working class. It is how they augment their pitifully low wages. They do not
      usually respond to written requests. They do not usually respond to the State
      Department for such requests. They respond to live human beings pressing the
      flesh with the La Mordida. In such cases it is not a bribe nor is it a
      payoff. It is rather regarded as a tip, “to insure promptness” although
      honestly speaking from my experience, it is to insure service if you really want any.

      If you do not have an “operative” for remuneration in Tijuana who speaks
      the language, good luck. Taking on an assignment which is out of your league
      should be “criminal”. As a matter of fact, now that I think about it, it
      might possibly be considered FRAUD !!

      If Betteye is reading this, I do not mean to dampen your spirit. However,
      you get what you pay for. In Mexico, you get nothing unless you pay for it.

      You are a disgrace to the industry if you do not produce timely for this
      woman.

      818-246-3001 FAX

      thank a military veteran.

      God Bless America and her allies forever !!

    • Bob Hrodey
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 3, 2005
        suesarkis@... wrote:

        > Dear Ms. Snelling:
        >
        > [snip]
        > If you do not have an “operative” for remuneration in Tijuana who speaks
        > the language, good luck. Taking on an assignment which is out of
        > your league
        > should be “criminal”. As a matter of fact, now that I think about
        > it, it
        > might possibly be considered FRAUD !!
        >
        > If Betteye is reading this, I do not mean to dampen your spirit.
        > However,
        > you get what you pay for. In Mexico, you get nothing unless you pay
        > for it.
        >
        > You are a disgrace to the industry if you do not produce timely for this
        > woman.

        Having quietly (unusual for me, I know) followed Ms. Snelling's posts
        and rantings for the past week, I would have to say that she's already
        disgraced herself here regardless of what she eventually does with
        Bettye's case.

        --

        Enjoy,

        Bob
        Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
        email: inquiry@... or rth@...
        Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063
      • Ryugen C Fisher
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 3, 2005
          suesarkis@... wrote:

          >Dear Ms. Snelling:

          <non-relevant portions omitted for the sake of sanity, brevity be damned >

          >The American civil service employees in Mexico, specifically Tijuana, as
          >well as cab drivers, police, and a variety of others conduct business via “La
          >Mordida" which is an intrinsic part of the Mexican working system for the
          >working class. It is how they augment their pitifully low wages. They do not
          >usually respond to written requests. They do not usually respond to the State
          >Department for such requests. They respond to live human beings pressing the
          >flesh with the La Mordida. In such cases it is not a bribe nor is it a
          >payoff. It is rather regarded as a tip, “to insure promptness” although
          >honestly speaking from my experience, it is to insure service if you really want any.
          >
          >If you do not have an “operative” for remuneration in Tijuana who speaks
          >the language, good luck. Taking on an assignment which is out of your league
          >should be “criminal”. As a matter of fact, now that I think about it, it
          >might possibly be considered FRAUD !!

          <salient portions left in for the sake of clarity>

          >If Betteye is reading this, I do not mean to dampen your spirit. However,
          >you get what you pay for. In Mexico, you get nothing unless you pay for it.
          >
          >You are a disgrace to the industry if you do not produce timely for this
          >woman.
          >

          >Sincerely yours,
          >Sue
          >
          >Sue Sarkis
          >Sarkis Detective Agency
          >(est. 1976)

          Actually Sue.. you are only wrong about one thing in this letter ....
          and since I drew "nitpicker" duty this morning, please allow a gentle
          correction:

          According "the rules" --

          100)* The Rule of Probable Value*
          If you are very, very careful, and very, very lucky sometimes you will
          actually get what you paid for.

          I am reasonably certain that you can see how this applies ..... have
          as good a day as the laws of probability allow ;-)

          --
          Ryugen C Fisher
          Sr. Consultant
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 3, 2005
            In a message dated 10/3/2005 8:38:41 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
            rth@... writes:

            Having quietly (unusual for me, I know) followed Ms. Snelling's posts
            and rantings for the past week, I would have to say that she's already
            disgraced herself here regardless of what she eventually does with
            Bettye's case.

            A true reality check.

            Betteye, if you are still with us, I was contacted this morning by a vriety
            of private investigators who either have offices in Mexico or associates who
            deal with such requests quite routinely. Of all of the offers mentioned, one
            member states that if the marriage took place within the last 20 years, he
            would be able to obtain the desired records for US$375. If the marriage was
            longer than 20 years ago, he informed me that it would cost more as well as
            requiring an inordinate amount of time.

            If you are interested, let me know and I will provide you with his contact
            information.

            818-246-3001 FAX

            thank a military veteran.

            God Bless America and her allies forever !!

          • MARTHA CONNER
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 3, 2005
              can you guys acutally find out any useful information or do you just mainly chat in here? heh

              Bob Hrodey <rth@...> wrote:
              suesarkis@... wrote:

              > Dear Ms. Snelling:
              >
              > [snip]
              > If you do not have an “operative” for remuneration in Tijuana who speaks
              > the language, good luck. Taking on an assignment which is out of
              > your league
              > should be “criminal”. As a matter of fact, now that I think about
              > it, it
              > might possibly be considered FRAUD !!
              >
              > If Betteye is reading this, I do not mean to dampen your spirit.
              > However,
              > you get what you pay for. In Mexico, you get nothing unless you pay
              > for it.
              >
              > You are a disgrace to the industry if you do not produce timely for this
              > woman.

              Having quietly (unusual for me, I know) followed Ms. Snelling's posts
              and rantings for the past week, I would have to say that she's already
              disgraced herself here regardless of what she eventually does with
              Bettye's case.

              --

              Enjoy,

              Bob
              Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
              email: inquiry@... or rth@...
              Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063

              Law Use Federal government labor law Federal government labor law poster Government law American government and politics

              ---------------------------------

            • Bob Hrodey
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 3, 2005
                on 10/3/2005 1:51 PM MARTHA CONNER said the following:

                > can you guys acutally find out any useful information or do you just
                > mainly chat in here? heh

                If you consider learning that someone has disgraced herself in the eyes
                of some of her peers and that someone from Texas is likely a troll
                rather than someone stupid beyond belief, I guess we can find some
                useful (though of very short term value) information.

                mlp633@... = Plonk!

                --
                Enjoy,

                Bob
                Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
                email: inquiry@... or rth@...
                Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063
              • Ricky Gurley
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 3, 2005
                  --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, MARTHA CONNER <mlp633@y...>
                  wrote:
                  > can you guys acutally find out any useful information or do you just
                  mainly chat in here? heh

                  Now THAT, was funny......

                  Rick.

                  "Columbia's Premiere Private Investigation's Company"

                  2101 W. Broadway PMB 326, Columbia, MO. 65203

                  Phone: (636) 410-0251

                  Fax: (636) 410-0257

                  Cell: (573) 529-0808

                  EMERGENCY LINE: (888) 571-0958

                  Email: RMRI-Inc@...

                  Webpage: http://www.rmri.net/

                  Come Join ProEmailTracing

                  Learn EVERYTHING you ever wanted to know about Cyber Investigations!

                  Subscribe at: ProEmailTracing-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

                  "Oh divine arts of subtlety and secrecy!

                  Through you we learn to be unseen. Through

                  you we learn to be unheard; and hence we hold

                  the fate or our enemies in our hands....."

                  Sun Tzu 500 B.C. "The Art Of War"

                  It is not the critic who counts,

                  not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles,

                  or where the doer of deeds could have done them better.

                  The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the

                  arena.... who strives ..... who spends himself and who,

                  at the worst, if fails, at least he fails while daring,

                  so that his place shall never be with those cold and

                  timid souls who knew neither victory or defeat.

                  Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt
                • MARTHA CONNER
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 3, 2005
                    This remark makes no sense at all...

                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 4, 2005
                      In a message dated 10/4/2005 10:22:53 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                      donna@... writes:

                      Now, quit offering to get this woman an OFFICIAL birth certicate for
                      outrageous sums of money. If you can get her an OFFICIAL MARRIAGE
                      CERTIFICATE with an OFFICIAL SEAL recognized in the U.S., then
                      charge her :)

                      I thought you had this taken care of.

                      If you do not have it take care of, what exactly did you do for this client,
                      "pro bono?"

                      If you have not been able to do the job, how can you be so self righteously
                      indignant that someone offered to do the job for $500?

                      Inquiring minds wanna know.

                      Bill E. Branscum, Investigator
                      Oracle International
                      _http://www.fraudsandscams.com/_ (http://www.fraudsandscams.com/)
                      _http://www.oracleinternational.com/_ (http://www.oracleinternational.com/)
                      PO Box 10728
                      Naples, FL 34101
                      (239) 304-1639
                      (239) 304-1640 Fax

                    • MARTHA CONNER
                      Message 10 of 14 , Oct 4, 2005
                        Touche

                        MARTHA CONNER <mlp633@...> wrote:This remark makes no sense at all...

                        Bob Hrodey <rth@...> wrote:on 10/3/2005 1:51 PM MARTHA CONNER said the following:

                        > can you guys acutally find out any useful information or do you just
                        > mainly chat in here? heh

                        If you consider learning that someone has disgraced herself in the eyes
                        of some of her peers and that someone from Texas is likely a troll
                        rather than someone stupid beyond belief, I guess we can find some
                        useful (though of very short term value) information.

                        mlp633@... = Plonk!

                        --
                        Enjoy,

                        Bob
                        Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
                        email: inquiry@... or rth@...
                        Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063

                        Law Use Federal government labor law Federal government labor law poster Government law American government and politics

                        ---------------------------------

                        ---------------------------------

                      • Donna Snelling
                        Message 11 of 14 , Oct 5, 2005
                          You can well assume, Bill Branscum, that it's none of your business.

                          Donna Snelling
                          www.snellinginvestigations.com

                          --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, oracleintl@a... wrote:

                          > In a message dated 10/4/2005 10:22:53 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                          > donna@s... writes:
                          >
                          > Now, quit offering to get this woman an OFFICIAL birth certicate
                          for
                          > outrageous sums of money. If you can get her an OFFICIAL
                          MARRIAGE
                          > CERTIFICATE with an OFFICIAL SEAL recognized in the U.S., then
                          > charge her :)
                          >

                          > I thought you had this taken care of.
                          >
                          > If you do not have it take care of, what exactly did you do for
                          this client,
                          > "pro bono?"
                          >
                          > If you have not been able to do the job, how can you be so self
                          righteously
                          > indignant that someone offered to do the job for $500?
                          >
                          > Inquiring minds wanna know.
                          >
                          > Bill E. Branscum, Investigator
                          > Oracle International
                          > _http://www.fraudsandscams.com/_ (http://www.fraudsandscams.com/)
                          > _http://www.oracleinternational.com/_
                          (http://www.oracleinternational.com/)
                          > PO Box 10728
                          > Naples, FL 34101
                          > (239) 304-1639
                          > (239) 304-1640 Fax

                        • Bob Hrodey
                          Message 12 of 14 , Oct 5, 2005
                            on 10/5/2005 7:18 PM Donna Snelling said the following:

                            > You can well assume, Bill Branscum, that it's none of your business.
                            >
                            > Donna Snelling
                            > www.snellinginvestigations.com
                            >

                            > --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, oracleintl@a... wrote:

                            [snip]

                            > > If you have not been able to do the job, how can you be so self
                            > righteously
                            > > indignant that someone offered to do the job for $500?
                            > >
                            > > Inquiring minds wanna know.
                            > >
                            > > Bill E. Branscum, Investigator
                            > > Oracle International

                            I think she may have you there, Bill.

                            Be careful as you're treading on shakey ground. I think if you check,
                            you'll find that HIPAA covers not only any records or diagnoses of
                            medical problems but also psychiatric problems. You may be asking too
                            much here in an open forum.

                            --

                          • oracleintl@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 14 , Oct 5, 2005
                              In a message dated 10/5/2005 8:29:28 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                              donna@... writes:

                              You can well assume, Bill Branscum, that it's none of your business.

                              Donna Snelling
                              _www.snellinginvestigations.com_ (http://www.snellinginvestigations.com)

                              Hardly, Ms. Snelling.

                              Since you saw fit to launch into your petty little tirade on this forum,
                              disparaging people who have done you no wrong as near as I can tell, you brought
                              the issues to us - not vice versa.

                              I personally find it a bit odd that you railed against an investigator who
                              apparently offered to obtain a foreign document for a Client for $500,
                              representing to us that you had handled the matter pro bono. Now, it becomes clear
                              that you have not handled the matter, pro bono or otherwise, and it seems
                              apparent that you cannot do the job at all.

                              Further, while waxing prosaic on issues of professional integrity, you
                              openly identified your Client and discussed her case on a public forum - a truly
                              remarkable lapse in judgment even amongst the collection of Internet wannabe
                              investigators who have none.

                              If you would prefer that your business remain your business, my suggestion
                              to you would be to stop airing your business on a public forum. You have made
                              a spectacular fool of yourself, and subjected yourself to ridicule and
                              derision, damaging your credibility beyond anything that anyone else might do.

                              Obviously, whatever your problems, there is no help for you here; perhaps I
                              should merely thank you for the entertainment and move on.

                              Bill E. Branscum, Investigator
                              Oracle International
                              _http://www.fraudsandscams.com/_ (http://www.fraudsandscams.com/)
                              _http://www.oracleinternational.com/_ (http://www.oracleinternational.com/)
                              PO Box 10728
                              Naples, FL 34101
                              (239) 304-1639
                              (239) 304-1640 Fax

                            • mlp633
                              Message 14 of 14 , May 1, 2009
                                I was just looking up some information on some new sites and came across this information I had not read before, What are you talking about in making these remarks about peer pressure and whatever? I would like to know exactly what you are speaking about and if there is something I need to know about. Also. what do you mean by a troll? None of your comments make any logical sense to me, but perhaps you mixed me up with someone else. Thanks, Martha