Re: [infoguys-list] I would like your help

  • oracleintl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 13, 2005
      In a message dated 9/13/2005 3:25:52 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      emmylousings@... writes:

      And your email had barely shown up in the INBOX, when you were "blasted"
      publicly, recieving nothing but insults in response to your email.

      I share your concerns about this.

      While I fully believe that some people deserve a good blasting, especially
      those who preach and pontificate about things they know nothing about, I see
      no justification for lambasting anyone asking a perfectly legitimate question.

      My only suggestion would have been to encourage public replies as opposed to
      private as there are probably a lot of people who have no idea that some
      "certifications" are worth a great deal, while others are completely worthless.

      I think the helpful thing would be to provide a list of the organizations we
      know something about, with comments and let the person who expressed the
      interest compile them.

      Just my .02

      Bill

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 13, 2005
        John -

        You asked to be emailed privately if you perhaps omitted listings. However,
        you just said, "If you think this idea 'sucks' then please email me and let
        me know. " I was addressing the latter in a polite way rather than the
        former and I did not believe it to demand a private response. For that I do
        apologize if you were offended or felt slighted. However, based on the wording,
        you obviously do not take offense lightly.

        Below is a PARTIAL list of what I believe to be reputable and/or standing
        associations in compliance with the appropriate laws. However, I have not
        taken the time to verify same for each and everyone of them. Also, if any were
        actually already included in your list, I am sorry for the repeat. I am just
        responding quickly as I have a full plate. My heartfelt apologies to any
        qualifying association inadvertently omitted.

        _www.wad.net_ (http://www.wad.net)

        _http://www.apia-online.com/_ (http://www.apia-online.com/)

        _http://www.akinvestigators.com/_ (http://www.akinvestigators.com/)

        _http://www.aalpi.org/_ (http://www.aalpi.org/)

        _http://aappi.org/_ (http://aappi.org/)

        _http://www.aldonys.org/_ (http://www.aldonys.org/)

        _http://www.cali-pi.org/_ (http://www.cali-pi.org/)

        _http://www.pica-association.org/_ (http://www.pica-association.org/)

        _http://www.cipi.org/indexhome.html_ (http://www.cipi.org/indexhome.html)

        _http://www.ppiac.org/_ (http://www.ppiac.org/)

        _http://users.ntplx.net/%7Ecalpi/_ (http://users.ntplx.net/~calpi/)

        _http://www.fali.com/_ (http://www.fali.com/)

        _http://www.iowa-investigators.com/_ (http://www.iowa-investigators.com/)

        _http://www.kapi.org/_ (http://www.kapi.org/)

        _http://www.k-a-l-i.org/_ (http://www.k-a-l-i.org/)

        _http://www.kpia.org/_ (http://www.kpia.org/)

        _http://www.lpia.net/_ (http://www.lpia.net/)

        _http://www.asisonline.org/_ (http://www.asisonline.org/)

        _http://www.mlpia.org/_ (http://www.mlpia.org/)

        _http://www.maryland-investigators.com/_
        (http://www.maryland-investigators.com/)

        _http://www.misahq.com/_ (http://www.misahq.com/)

        _http://www.misahq.com/_ (http://www.misahq.com/)

        _http://www.mcpihome.com/_ (http://www.mcpihome.com/)

        _http://www.mapi.org/_ (http://www.mapi.org/)

        _http://www.nhli.net/_ (http://www.nhli.net/)

        _http://www.njlpia.org/_ (http://www.njlpia.org/)

        _http://www.ncapi.org/_ (http://www.ncapi.org/)

        _http://www.ohoasis.com/mc/page.do_ (http://www.ohoasis.com/mc/page.do)

        _http://www.opia.com_ (http://www.opia.com)

        _http://www.oali.org_ (http://www.oali.org)

        _http://www.pali.org/_ (http://www.pali.org/)

        _http://www.pawli.com/_ (http://www.pawli.com/)

        _http://www.piau.com/_ (http://www.piau.com/)

        _http://www.scalinv.com/_ (http://www.scalinv.com/)

        _http://www.spionline.org/_ (http://www.spionline.org/)

        _http://www.tpia.com/_ (http://www.tpia.com/)

        _http://www.tali.org/_ (http://www.tali.org/)

        _http://www.piau.com/p_home.asp_ (http://www.piau.com/p_home.asp)

        _http://www.pisa.gen.va.us/_ (http://www.pisa.gen.va.us/)

        _http://pimall.com/piav/_ (http://pimall.com/piav/)

        _http://www.wali.org/_ (http://www.wali.org/)

        _http://www.pnai.com/_ (http://www.pnai.com/)

        818-246-3001 FAX

        thank a military veteran.

        God Bless America and her allies forever !!

      • yahoo@noseypi.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 13, 2005
          Bill I agree completely.

          I do intend to have a page were the results can be viewed. I just thought
          by asking private responses I might try to get a more fair appraisal of the
          association or group. Sometimes when people know there name will not be
          used they will open up more. Plus I did not want this to have a lot of
          personal attacks from people with an axe to grind about some of the
          associations.

          What I am looking for is honest input that will be 'interpreted" or 'scored'
          in some kind of fair way so that one could see the benefits from joining a
          certain group. Or even joining the groups in a different order as ones
          money and needs changed.

          I do need suggestions on the process of rating. That is why I wanted to
          give scores in different areas.

          By the very nature of organizations, some might be very helpful in
          establishing credentials, while another group might be more helpful in
          getting work or assignments. I personally see the need for both.
          Credentials without WORK can be more or less just as destructive as having
          WORK without Credentials. (I guess that statement would be assessed by ones
          vantage point including but not limited to the amount of damage and the
          amount of work)

          Another category would be the reputation of the group or association that is
          giving the Credentials. I think most would agree that a degree from Harvard
          or Yale would be more desirable (if affordable) than one from Northwest
          Community Corner College located at Your street USA. However, not everyone
          can go to Harvard. That does not eliminate the ones that can not go from
          being a well versed and very good attorney.

          By way of the internet I can become an Ordained Minister or a PHD in just a
          matter of days.(or shorter) This is but one example of what I am trying to
          help avoid from happening in our industry.

          I just thought that if we all pitched in that we could come up with a page
          were we could go and see what we think might be best for any of us at any
          one time.

          Personally I could use more WORK and more 'EDUCATION' (Credentials)

          I can honestly say that from my initial posting I have already received
          enough information I wanted personally to make that posting worth my time.
          I only had "one or two" comments that could even slightly be construed as
          critical.

          I would like to have many more comments. (hopefully the positive ones)

          NOSEY P. I.
          P.OF. Box 871
          Southaven, MS. 38671

          website: www.noseypi.com
          phone: 901.870.0711
          email: ivey@...
          toll free: 1.888.NOSEY- PI
          toll free fax: 1.866.280.6489

          "CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING"
          This electronic message contains Information which may be privileged and/or
          confidential. The information is intended for use only by the
          individual(so) or entity named/indicated above. Be aware that any
          disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the content of this message /
          information is prohibited. If you received this message in error please
          contact us right away. Please be advised any advice or opinions should not
          be considered legal advice I am not an Attorney. This Email contains
          information that is confidential, proprietary or otherwise protected and is
          for the addressee only. It is protected by federal law. This message may
          contain privileged material and may not be shared, distributed or forwarded
          to any person or entity not the intended recipient. If you are not the
          intended receiver, return this message immediately. This message is the
          property of the sender alone. Please contact the sender and delete the
          material from your computer. Attempts to intercept this message are in
          violation of 25 UP.SO.CO. 2511.

        • yahoo@noseypi.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 13, 2005
            No problem.

            Wow! You really are a wealth of information. Thanks so much for the
            input.

            I would like to get back to you personally for some additional input if you
            are willing to help me.

            Thanks for taking the time to write.

            NOSEY P. I.
            P.O. Box 871
[...]

            Attempts to intercept this message are in violation of 25 U.S.C. 2511.

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 13, 2005
              John -

              Since you've been a member of this group for quite a few years I want to
              make certain you understand that I wasn't really criticizing your idea. I
              didn't understand your idea. Your post just left me with more questions than
              answers. I was asking questions.

              I visit your site occasionally for some of the links that you list and you
              didn't state, at least I don't think you did, what the purpose of the interest
              was. You did mention creating a webpage. I could not tell if you planned
              on adding "links" to your already interesting website or creating a new one.
              Again, I did not get any true indication of your intent. However, your
              mention of "us" really confused me. Was this going to be a joint venture? If so,
              for what purpose? In other words, as far as I was concerned, you left me
              hanging in that I could not intelligently reply to an inquiry that was, in my
              opinion, ambiguous.

              Couple that with the fact that you are asking for opinions from this group
              and I truly believe you are treading on thin ice. You might well receive over
              1,000 replies since the membership far exceeds that and no two will probably
              agree or be similar. Wanting to give rankings, I believe, is truly asking
              for trouble. I can fully understand listing things such as benefits offered.

              Many of the organizations/associations I previously provided are state
              agencies which usually require that you be licensed in the respective state. So,
              with that said, such associations would not be beneficial to US although the
              listings would be good for those in the various states to realize they exist
              should that not already be aware. On the list I previously provided though,
              I forgot to include one good group, _http://www.defenseinvestigator.com/_
              (http://www.defenseinvestigator.com/) which do provide certifications and I
              believe is headed up by Brandon Perron.

              However, I am going to offer another opinion. Although associations are
              fine and dandy and local ones are great for elbow rubbing, etc., if you pay dues
              and attend the meetings, there is ONE association that I hope you will head
              whatever list up it is that you are creating. That would be NCISS. They are
              the ones that are keeping us all alive. They are the ones that fight
              Congress whenever Congress wants to shut us down or preclude us from having access
              to records that many find important in their businesses. They are the ones
              that spend the big bucks on the D.C. lobbyist, Larry Sabbath, who speaks on
              behalf of each and everyone of us each time he addresses the legislators.

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 14, 2005
                Sorry if my post was confusing.

                The statements like the ones you made about NCISS are the types of things I
                am looking for.

                I, personally, will not be ranking any particular group over another. I
                will merely be reflecting the opinions of the people that respond. I would
                like to think of it as a critic going to the movie and writing a review, or
                perhaps a meteorologist giving a weather report based on the information
                that is available to him. I will just send out a link from my site that
                will reflect what I discovered. For those this might help they are welcome
                to read and come to their own conclusion, for those that know everything
                they are welcome to not read, for those that want to sue
                me..................... well I like to tell people I am the easiest person
                in the world to get in touch with.

                On my website you will find my current contact information including my
                background, my home address, my phone numbers, the schools I attended,
                stories that I have written, my hobbies and my strong belief in God and his
                curing the leukemia that invaded my body some years back.

                my websites are

                www.noseypi.com (up and running)
                www.hardingacademy.com (up and running)
                www.doctorofhypnosis.com (up and running)
                www.johnivey.com (re-directed to noseypi.com
                www.securitycentralstorage.com (re-directed to noseypi.com temporarily)

                I believe I still have www.hornlakehighschool.com which I sold to the Horn
                Lake High School, but the transfer was not complete the last time I checked.

                I used to have www.germantownhighschool.com but I think I let that one
                lapse.

                My life is an open book and I do not have very many unrevealed fantasies or
                agendas. (There is something that involves Jennifer Anderson and whip
                cream, but outside of that I am pretty dull)

                Thanks again for the input and for your concerns.