One NASTY site taken down.

  • Vicki Siedow
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 10, 2005
      I want to thank Rick Gurley, yes, the controversial Rick Gurley, for helping
      a friend last night. I also want to share here the way he did it, in case
      you can ever use his or similar methods.

      A group I have assisted received a solicitation to link their site with
      another. Upon viewing, the soliciting site was beyond imagining, even for
      some of us used to dealing with pretty sick stuff. Below it says child
      pornography, but that was the least of it. Anyone who knows me knows that I
      DO NOT minimize child pornography, so that may give you some idea of the
      degree of atrocity that was on that site. Rick jumped in and volunteered to
      look into the ownership of the site and take proactive action to bring it
      down. Using a combination of approaches, the site was down within a few
      hours. The thing that seemed to do the trick was a communication that Rick
      sent to the hosts of the site. I've copied it below, xxing out the
      necessary parts. If you can use it, you have his permission. It worked,
      and quickly. The perpetrator is being tracked, this is not over yet, but at
      least the site's down. In this post he cc'd DOJ@...;
      shcfcu@...; uce@...; cjisnetwork@...;
      enforcement@...; fraud@...; AskDOJ@.... Give the devil his
      due. ;)

      Vicki Siedow

      Siedow & Associates Investigations

      & Legal Support Services

      2629 Foothill Blvd. #262

      La Crescenta, CA 91214

      Los Angeles County

      800.448.6431 toll free

      818.242.0130 local

      818.688.3295 fax

      http://Siedow.LawAndOrder.com <http://siedow.lawandorder.com/>

      Siedow@...

      Need economical legal help?

      Concerned about Identity Theft?

      http://AreYouProtectedYet.com

      8-PROTECT-911

      Member NCISS, IWWA

      It is truly unfortunate that you would allow this site: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
      <http://www.snuffpeddler.com> . A site that exploits xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. The
      people that fought and died for our right to free speech free press never
      could have imagined this could possibly be a result of their actions. It is
      the attitude that you have exhibited here that will cause the very
      censorship that you are now protected from. I can not imagine you giving one
      good reason why this site should be available to the public. So, I am forced
      to "step up my actions" a little.

      I came to you and the company you work for today because I have a
      client who xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and someone had decided to send him a copy of this
      site. Which he opened and became upset, distraught, and even physically
      sick. Instead of having the decency to acknowledge that this site should not
      be available to the public, and taking into account xxxxxxxxx, and the
      trauma that this site could potentially cause them, you have defended the
      right of this apparently disturbed individual to put this site up and keep
      it up. The problem is that nobody has a right to terrorize society with such
      a horrible site.

      As you will notice in the CC Line I have taken the liberty to email a
      copy of this site to every Federal and State Law Enforcement Agency that has
      the authority and jurisdiction to get involved in this one particular
      violation of public decency. I may also suggest to anyone in a Law
      Enforcement Capacity that is reading this email, that this site contains
      pictures of xxxxxxx. I may suggest that this may very well constitute Mr.
      Xxxxx allowing for Child Pornography to be hosted on the servers that he is
      in charge of regulating. I am almost sure that an investigation is warranted
      into whether or not this site is actually displaying Child Pornography for
      public viewing. In the event that it is determined that this site does
      indeed display child pornography, at this time I would say after Mr. Xxxxx
      has viewed the site and refused to take it down, he may be culpable for
      facilitating such a crime.

      Mr. Xxxxx, you should be ashamed of yourself for not banning such a
      site from your servers immediately after you have admitted to viewing it. It
      is my sincere hope that one or perhaps all of the Federal Agencies that this
      has been copied to above will get involved and hold you accountable for
      allowing such an atrocity to be on public display for xxxxxxxxx to be
      harassed with.

      I am in hopes that you will subscribe to better judgment and do
      something about this site, Mr. Xxxxx. If not, then I will hope that one of
      the agencies listed in the CC Line will.

    • bstonenatl@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 15, 2005
        In a message dated 9/15/05 5:19:37 PM Central Daylight Time,
        donna@... writes:

        > What? Are you NUTS? This is exactly why I refuse to be part of
        > your **profession women's listserve**. You have NO IDEA of what
        > professional is. This man has a 25 year criminal history and would
        > not be accepted in any licensed state that I know of. And you
        > really shouldn't let him on your women's list either.
        >
        > Donna Snelling

        Ms. Snelling,
        I have read and re-read some more. Bu if you call Vicki "NUTS" and cop an
        attitude toward my peers who have worked very hard to proof that the PAST needs
        to be in the PAST - (and we are all sorry that we are not PERFECT since the day
        of BIRTH) I'm sorry to say....you just might wake the sleeping lions..ya
        know the old wise ones of our profession....
        and the statements and feedback will not be pretty.
        Who are you? Why are you so insulting?
        Nola Brown/Owner
        Brownstone Detective Agency
        Established since 1992
        www.brownstonedetective.com
        Email; brownstonepi@...
        Toll free; 1-888-695-4638
        TEXAS agency - State License # A08652
        NEVADA agency - State License # 982
        Member of NLCPN
        Confidentiality Warning; This email contains privileged/confidential Data.If
        you are not the intended recipient any handling of this data is Prohibited.

      • Phil Golan
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 16, 2005
          Donna

          Like Nola, I too stand by Rick Gurley for who he is.

          Philip Golan
          Private Investigator
          P.O. Box 1781
          Natanya 42116, Israel

          Mobile: +972 52 2300413
          Fax: +972 9 8347321
          E-mail: pi@...-agencies.com
          Member of the Israel Bureau of Private Investigators
        • Linda Smith
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 16, 2005
            I know that Rick has stood by me several times, when no one else would.But you see, Donna, that"s why he got into trouble. I believe that Rick explained several months ago, that he was protecting a child. Many times, the law must make sure that all it's mountain of "red tape" is in order, before doing anything at all, including protecting a child. And this "sissyfied" society, took a dim view of the manner in which Rick went about it. The thing is, he DID SOMETHING.
            You have the very same habit many of the Private Investigators on this list have. You open your yap before you have any of the facts. And that is one of the primary things, that a private investigator, of all people, should not do! They are taught NOT to do it, but irregardless, they "press on". It really is very unprofessional, to say the least.

            Now a note to Phil: Phil, I noticed that you are in Israel! I am in the process of writing an arcticle for one of my websites. The subject, concerns WHY Israel's Intelligence is rated the best in the world. So, a really important question to you......Do you believe that this rating of excellence extends into the private sector?

            Thanks,

            Linda

            linda@...

            Phil Golan <phil.golan@...> wrote:
            Donna

            Like Nola, I too stand by Rick Gurley for who he is.

            Philip Golan
            Private Investigator
            P.O. Box 1781
            Natanya 42116, Israel

            Mobile: +972 52 2300413
            Fax: +972 9 8347321
            E-mail: pi@...-agencies.com
            Member of the Israel Bureau of Private Investigators

            Law Use Federal government labor law Federal government labor law poster Government law American government and politics

          • Phil Golan
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 17, 2005
              > Now a note to Phil: Phil, I noticed that you are in Israel! I am in
              the process of writing an arcticle for one of my websites. The
              subject, concerns WHY Israel's Intelligence is rated the best in the
              world. So, a really important question to you......Do you believe that
              this rating of excellence extends into the private sector?

              > Thanks,
              >
              > Linda

              Linda.
              A very interesting question. I'll get back to you soon, as I would
              like to check some facts before answering.

              Phil
            • Linda Smith
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 17, 2005
                Thanks Phil,

                I will be on the alert for your answer!

                Linda

                Phil Golan <phil.golan@...> wrote:
                > Now a note to Phil: Phil, I noticed that you are in Israel! I am in
                the process of writing an arcticle for one of my websites. The
                subject, concerns WHY Israel's Intelligence is rated the best in the
                world. So, a really important question to you......Do you believe that
                this rating of excellence extends into the private sector?

                > Thanks,
                >
                > Linda

                Linda.
                A very interesting question. I'll get back to you soon, as I would
                like to check some facts before answering.

                Phil

                ---------------------------------

              • Ryugen C Fisher
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 23, 2005
                  I have chewed on whether or not to reply to his for a few days ..
                  finally decided to give it a go .... flamers, get ready to take your
                  BEST shot.

                  In classical "game theory" people on either side of the "profession of
                  'cops & robbers'" are innately capable of changing roles when
                  provoked... This is why good enforcement agencies have good internal
                  affairs departments.

                  In classical "game theory" people on either side of the "profession of
                  'cops & robbers'" are capable of changing roles when provoked... this
                  is why good enforcement agencies have good internal affairs departments.

                  More often than we care to admit, the line between a "good" guy and a
                  "bad" guy is seen only from a distance and in retrospect. From an
                  outside perspective, the difference between a social wolf and a social
                  sheepdog is that one chooses (for whatever reasons) to be a
                  protector, and the other again chooses (for whatever
                  reasons) to be a predator.

                  Laws and a society of laws rarely account for victim advocacy in ANY
                  form, yet socially, the "sheepdog" who goes beyond the "rules" to
                  protect the innocent is praised and glorified, from "Dirty" Harry
                  Callahan to Charles Bronson's "vigilante" character. -- Socially, we are
                  glad as a group that such icons and attitudes exist, but we
                  institutionally (and perhaps individually) condemn them for playing
                  outsides the rule (unless of course WE are the ones that are being
                  protected, which makes it a whole different story)

                  All of which is to say two things of import to this group:
                  I will bet my next paycheck that NO-ONE who is a subscriber to this list
                  has NEVER committed a felonious act in their private lives or their
                  professional careers. (And remember that Rand study about felonies,
                  please) [Apply the rule regarding vigorous self honesty, please]

                  Secondly: Rick, criminal record or not, seems to have taken the path of
                  the "sheepdog" not the "wolf" as it were. As such, he merits and
                  deserves our respect.

                  I would remind those who love statistics that STATISTICALLY SPEAKING the
                  average man on the street is MORE LIKELY to commit a homicide than a
                  person who has been convicted of a homicide that was not for profit.
                  (statistics courtesy of the Department of Justice, through deductive
                  inference - you do the math)

                  Hypocrisy isn't a felony, nor is self-indulgent self-righteousness,
                  mostly because the folks that make the laws know themselves all too
                  well......

                  Ryugen C Fisher
                  Sr. Consultant
                  PCG Investigations
                  http://www.pcg-investigations.com
                  ==serving our clients since 1984==

                  --
                • Israel A.
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 23, 2005
                    Good night:
                    I think a Private Detective is professional of investigation and he will be awake something and straight.
                    He will be truth. He doesn´t trust someone.He will be cold.Cold in your heart.
                    He is working for true.
                    But I think that there is wolf and horse. There is predactor and protector.

                    http://www.detectivesisrael.com/