PVC exposure

  • Jurydoctor@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 12 8:40 AM
      Does anyone know anything about PVC exposure?/ any thoughts on this matter?
      $5 donated for each opinion to Justice for juvenilles, thanks in advance,
      Amy
      The decedent (died 2003) Mr. Latin, was exposed to PVC resin in the late 60's
      and 70's.
      He was diagnosed with brain cancer in 2001 as a result (he claims) by his
      exposure to a gas called vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) released by polyvinyl (PVC)
      resin manufactured by Goodrich.

      Defense claims that there is a causal link between a rare form of cancer of
      the liver and VCM but no meical literature to suppost the claim of brain cancer
      caused by VCM.

      Further, defendant claims that they did not supply any PVC resin in the
      packaging at the facility where Mr. Latin claims he was exposed.
      Defendant claims that the evidence will show that the bulk supply of
      packaging supplied at the facility in 1966 and later was supplied by truck by Borden
      and Tenneco.

      Mr. Latin claims he was exposed from 1965-1968. According to the defendant,
      all airmeasurement testing demonstrates that, at worst, Mr. Latin was exposed
      to vvery low levels of VCM.

      What are your thoughts on this matter?

    • romulusredux
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 12 5:56 PM
        You might check out the information at:
        http://www.cwo.com/~ph_kosel/designs.html
        Evidently there is a large group of people that have been intimately
        associated with the use of this PVC product for years with no ill effects.

        Lex

      • Jonanne99@bellsouth.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 12 6:20 PM
          What is this about PVC exposure. I worked in vinyl manufacturing. I have been exposed to vinyl chloride gas from a extrusion die. Can anyone tell me what this is about. thanks