Re: [infoguys-list] My final answer

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 16, 2005
      Dear Rudolf Kies -

      You said, "'Rudolf"? You identified yourself well! But congratulation on
      your newly acquired wisdom. Now, if you acquire "tact and manners" with the same
      enthusiasm you might make a valuable contribution."

      Then you said, "My comment to this group concerning an issue stated was
      meant well!
      There was no provocation on my part to solicit insults! I only addressed one
      single issue of the problem as stated and not the problem in its entirety."

      Out of sheer respect of your septuagenarian status, I will respond "out of
      character".

      Your crack about the "newly acquired wisdom" is shameful. Regardless of
      your age, I have been a licensed PI in this State a little longer than you.
      Having no knowledge of my education, my background, or any of my credentials
      along with how many educational conferences and seminars I might have attended
      through the years for CE, you address my wisdom?

      I used to work "Accident Reconstruction" back in the early '80's. However,
      since that time I have chosen to use engineers who specialize in same as it is
      less time consuming on me although I still work 1 or 2 such cases each
      month..

      How can you draw the conclusion that anything I said was meant to insult or
      inflame you? How can you infer that anything I said was insulting? I do not
      believe there was anything tactless about my response which I have inserted
      below my signature line and more important, I cannot see how you can believe
      my response lacked manners. I do not believe my response was disrespectful.
      I stated my opinion which is what we were asked for to begin with.

      Then you said, "It seems that education and tact in "Californians" are not
      the same
      qualities." Since you are a Californian, you should know.

      Lastly you said, "In the future I shall repent and not concern myself with
      issues that
      are none of my business."

      Dr. Kies, your input is always invited and as a member of this group a
      response to a legitimate inquiry is, in fact, your business. Defending yourself
      in time of a legitimate attack is also expected and it is your business.
      However, to come out and attack someone needlessly is out and out wrong.

      With that said, I truly am sorry that you somehow mistook what I said for
      anything other than what was intended. It was MY opinion based on the scenario
      and circumstances provided. It was not meant as an affront to your
      knowledge nor as an attack on you.

      Glendale, CA 91207
      818-242-2505

      If you can read this email, thank a teacher. If you can read it in English,
      thank a vet.

      God Bless America and her allies !

      Rudolf -

      Although I do agree with the fact that vehicle weight is not included in
      the
      skid-to-stop velocity, the fact still remains that the vehicle weight is an
      integral part of the "kinetic energy". In the case at hand it would appear
      that there was no measurable velocity, no measurable friction coefficient
      nor
      any measurable and dependable skidmark length. I believe the truck was
      doing
      a fair amount of "slipping and sliding" even if "skidding and screeching"
      were a part of the action.

      Kinetic energy is the force behind a big-rig vehicle's impact damages when
      "slipping and sliding" occurs.