RE: [infoguys-list] LocatePlus: PROBLEMATIC!

  • Vicki Siedow
    Message 1 of 10 , May 4, 2005
      Without a doubt, TracersInfo.com. I sometimes get hits less than a week
      old, especially on their Source 3 search. Good prices, nice people, too.

      Vicki Siedow
      Siedow & associates Investigations
      & Legal Support Services
      2629 Foothill Blvd. #262
      La Crescenta, CA 91214
      Los Angeles County
      800.448.6431 toll free
      818.242.0130 local
      818.688.3295 fax
      http://Siedow.LawAndOrder.com
      Siedow@...
      Need economical legal help?
      Concerned about Identity Theft?
      http://AreYouProtectedYet.com
      Member NCISS

      Message 2 of 10 , May 5, 2005
        Thank you Sue...I will contact Merlin

        Jeff Greenwood

      • greenwood152@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , May 5, 2005
          Thanks Vicki, I will contact TracersInfo.

          Jeff Greenwood

        • InfoQuestI@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , May 5, 2005
            We've had the same level of problems with LocatePlus. The database was
            unresponsive (not working at all), questions to technical support were shrugged off
            and we never got any help whatsoever, and six months after we cancelled our
            subscription, the bills keep coming. Phone calls to "customer service" are
            pointless.

            Paul Purcell
            InfoQuest
            Atlanta, GA

          • twnsnd_mrk
            Message 5 of 10 , May 5, 2005
              Regarding alternatives, why not seek supplemental data bases instead?
              There is no one source that does it all, or doesn't do some things
              better than others. There are some things that LocatePlus does that
              the others do NOT do anywhere near as well. There are things that
              Merlin does, especially in covering California, that no other source
              does anywhere near as well. There are things that ChoicePoint does
              that are superb. You could use these three in conjunction with one
              another and cover almost all the bases, and without paying any more
              than using only one to try to do the same job.

              That's not to put down any of the other firms mentioned. In fact,
              another good place to go is USInterlink. Some of their services are
              unique and almost indispensible, once you discover their value.

              So what ARE the strengths and weaknesses of each of the above? That
              you will have to discover for yourselves. "From each according to his
              abilities, to each according to his needs!" (Karl "Groucho" Marx)

              Mark

              --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, suesarkis@a... wrote:

              > In a message dated 5/4/2005 5:31:45 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
              > greenwood152@a... writes:
              >
              > I would be very much interested in learning of alternatives to
              LocatePlus

              > I would highly recommend Merlin which can be reached at
              _www.merlindata.com_
              > (http://www.merlindata.com)
              >
              > Mike Dores, the owner, has been personally know to this investigator
              for
              > over 20 years. He is a CA licensed PI although he does not practice
              and moved
              > his business to Montana quite a few years ago.
              >
              > His staff are courteous and very helpful. Trust me, if they can put
              up with
              > my excitable and aggressive disposition, they can handle anyone.
              >
              > Private investigators can have access to DOB and socials once they
              have an
              > on-site inspection. Merlin cannot be blamed for this as this is a
              demand,
              > from what I understand, of the providers of the info. The cost for
              the on-site
              > inspection is $60.
              >

              > Sincerely yours,
              > Sue
              > Sue Sarkis
              > Detective Agency
              > (est. 1976)
              > 1346 Ethel Street
              > Glendale, CA 91207
              > 818-242-2505
              >
              > If you can read this email, thank a teacher. If you can read it in
              English,
              > thank a vet.
              >
              > God Bless America and her allies !

            • Vicki Siedow
              Message 6 of 10 , May 5, 2005
                I just found out from another person I sent to TracersInfo that if you tell
                them I sent you YOU will get some free search credits. I don't make
                anything on it, but go ahead and use my name and get some freebies. They
                offer a great product. I agree with Sue on Merlin, and also like
                IRB/Accurint. Of course I have a bunch of others. I've never liked
                LocatePlus, and swore off ChoicePoint many years ago.

                Message 7 of 10 , May 6, 2005
                  I have to say I have used LocatePlus for years, I like their services for
                  what they are and I find them reasonably priced.

                  They aren't a fraction of the resource that Lexis/Nexis is - but they don't
                  bill a fraction of the cost and some of what they give me I cannot get on
                  Lexis.

                  .Bill E. Branscum, Investigator
                  Oracle International
                  _www.OracleInternational.com_ (http://www.OracleInternational.com)