Re: [infoguys-list] psych

  • Marvin Woodworth
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2005
      Is this a State, Federal or Private Facility,
      regardless, it would be the facility fault and you be
      better off filing in Federal Court: Constitutional
      Rights: Eight Amendment "Deliberate indifference
      standard": Failure To Training & Substandard Training
      Policies, see the ACA Guideline, these are very
      pacific, see if the facility was approved.
      Marvin Woodworth
      Investigation Services
      --- Jurydoctor@... wrote:
      > Daylight Time,
      > infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com writes:
      >
      > This is rediculous. This is the 21st Century. In
      > this modern age of knowledge
      > explosion, any medical personell which work in the
      > criminology field, not
      > only should have medical training, but also security
      > training, and this training
      > should be mandantory.
      > removed]

    • Linda Smith
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2005
        I left the post concerning the fact that some medical personell should be trained in some type of security. Actually this is not unheard of. Medical personell which works with the developmentally disabled are required to take a certain course which teaches them how to restrain a patient which is out of control, which prevents the patient from hurting himself, or others. This course was mandantory. This type of training would also be mandantory for medical personell which work in a phsyciatric ward, or mental hospital.

        {I transferred from a medical career to investigations}.

        Linda

        suesarkis@... wrote:
        Amy -

        I've stayed out of this one until now. The last post was almost impossible
        to read because the spelling was so atrocious. However, after finally
        figuring it out, I think this attitude is way off base.

        It does not matter what century we are in. The mind is not predictable and
        the patient was obviously a paranoid schizophrenic and they routinely have
        hallucinations. The thought of mandatory security training for an M.D. is just
        outright absurd.

        Psychiatry is not an exact science; many things cannot be foreseen but all
        things should be anticipated and guarded against by the prison. Since a
        psychiatrist cannot work up a good rapport with a patient through windows and
        bars, a face to face is usually not only preferable but necessary. It was the
        prison who held the responsibility of protecting the visitor regardless of the
        cost or inconvenience. Why in the name of all that is right did the prison
        take the doctor into a room without a video camera when they usually have
        them? That is where they, the prison, made their worst mistake as far as I am
        concerned.

        If the sheriff was standing about 15 feet away from the door to begin with,
        how the heck did he happen to see the inmate wondering the hall without
        having seen him exit the room? Sounds like he must have been distracted.

        A doctor, an attorney or an investigator should never be put in a private
        room without a large mirror and staff to pay attention.

        You also stated that the doctor was not given a "body alarm". Did the
        facility have any such device? If so, again they were derelict in their duty to
        protect and to serve.

        A panic button would probably have been useless if the doctor was standing
        and walking away.

        Show me where in any rule book it says that a psychiatrist should know how
        to physically handle a mentally deranged prisoner.

        Although not analogous, all prisons have a duty to ALL visitors. Some
        things are unforeseen. However, this was not one of them.

        Glendale, CA 91207
        818-242-2505

        If you can read this email, thank a teacher. If you can read it in English,
        thank a vet.

        God Bless America and her allies !