Re: [infoguys-list] take it to the bank - Doesn't wash

  • oracleintl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2005
      Customer's don't know it, but any bank examiner would know that a key part
      of this story is missing. While no customer ever sees it, ALL cash
      transactions involve cash out credits and cash in debit slips - that is how tellers
      balance their records.

      Note that this has nothing to do with bcurrency transaction reporting
      requirements - it is the way that banks track the flow of cash within the
      institution. On a cash deposit over $5000, there could easily be other documentation
      as well.

      If a teller gives you $6,000, she gets that money from her drawer and fills
      out a "cash out credit" slip that explains where that money went (they call it
      a credit slip because it offsets the money spent). If she receives 6000
      cash, she will put that cash in the drawer along with a "cash in debit" that
      offsets it for balancing purposes.

      No bank I have ever subpoenaed records from did it differently - I don't see
      how they could and stay compliant with FinCEN.

      While it may be true that large numbers of cheques are not counted - that is
      entirely consistent with my experience - the notion that 6000 cash came or
      went without an accounting for the currency is completely inconsistent with the
      policy of any US Bank.

      I don't know who is trying to go where with this but I could take this
      nonsense apart if they need the help.

      Bill E. Branscum, Investigator
      Oracle International
      _www.OracleInternational.com_ (http://www.OracleInternational.com)