Re: [infoguys-list] Unbelievable -- David v Goliath and I'm bettin on David again

  • Ryugen C Fisher
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
      Jim Parker et al:

      I apologize for violating one of my own rules -- I didn't check the
      facts ('twas 1996 fer Gawd Sakes man) -- did the research, and you,
      Jim, remembered better than I did

      succinctly:
      # McDonald's threatened the owner of a UK sandwich bar called "McMunchies"
      with legal action for breach of trademark. A retired Scottish
      school-teacher called Ronald McDonald, and the chief of the McDonald
      clan in Scotland were both outraged at this further attempt by
      McDonald's to claim global dominion over the prefix "Mc" and the name
      "McDonald" which has been an Irish and Scottish family name for centuries.

      Having said that -- my version was more fun to tell ....