Re: Pre-Paid Legal -- A Pyramid Scheme With Catchy Name???

  • Ricky Gurley
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
      --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, oracleintl@a... wrote:

      First.. Let me say, that while I like Bill and think he is a very
      intelligent person, I think this particular post of his is utter
      nonsense.

      > Since my post was used as a springboard for this advertisement, let
      me point
      > out that:
      >
      > 1) Vickie is an "Independent Sales Associate" - if you go to the
      link she
      > sent, you will note that it identifes you as her referral so if you
      join, she
      > gets a commission

      Yes.. Vickie has found a way to make money.. And she is aggressively
      doing what she is supposed to be doing to make her money.. So?

      > 2) Whereas she represents that Michelle would get benefits limited
      > thoiudands of dollars since this is a pre-existing matter, that is
      not what they
      > say on their site - for pre-existing issues, they don't pay squat.
      >
      > Trial Defense Services: This benefit does not cover defense of the
      > following: claims or charges relating to workers compensation,
      inquiries or actions by
      > a government agency, bankruptcy or alcohol, drugs, substance abuse,
      chemical
      > abuse or dependency; class actions, interventions, or amicus curiae
      filings
      > or class actions filed in the business is a party or potential
      party;
      > pre-existing conditions, defined as those acts which give rise to a
      lawsuit which
      > are alleged to have occurred prior to the business' enrollment,
      regardless of
      > the filing date of the lawsuit.

      Well there are limitations to all services.. Let's put it into
      perspective.. That is a limitation placed on a service that you pay
      next to nothing for.. 75 hours of legal services from attorneys with a
      minimum of four (4) years in the busienss for $40.00 or $50.00 a
      month. And you can use the service as much as you want..? I don't see
      that as a bad deal at all.. The retainer for an attonrey to handle
      your case would eat up 2 to 5 years of payments to prepaid legal, and
      that is just for one case.. I am not trying to promote prepaid legal,
      and I don't have prepaid legal, but I see NOTHING wrong with it... I
      liken it to insurance, in a way.

      > 3) IF this was not a pre-existing condition, the benefit is 75 HRS
      - MAX!
      > After that, you get a 25% discount off whatever their standard rate
      is.

      Still not a bad deal.. But the hours progressively go up after you
      have had the service for over a year...

      > The fact is, these people are being widely accused of running a
      pyramid
      > scheme and I would advise you to read:
      >
      > _http://citizensforjustice.org/Pre_Paid_Legal/prepaid.html_
      > (http://citizensforjustice.org/Pre_Paid_Legal/prepaid.html)

      I got accused of killing Kennedy yesterday by a friend.. And he may
      put a website up about it too.. Don't make it so... Anyone can build a
      webpage with accusations on it, Bill.. This is a service.. Correct me
      if I am wrong, but don't pyramid schemes have to have the potential to
      have an "end person" left "holding the bag" when the pyramid
      collapses?

      Her is an explanation I found on pyramid schemes:

      Pyramid Schemes

      In the classic "pyramid" scheme, participants attempt to make money
      solely by recruiting new participants into the program. The hallmark
      of these schemes is the promise of sky-high returns in a short period
      of time for doing nothing other than handing over your money and
      getting others to do the same.

      The fraudsters behind a pyramid scheme may go to great lengths to make
      the program look like a legitimate multi-level marketing program. But
      despite their claims to have legitimate products or services to sell,
      these fraudsters simply use money coming in from new recruits to pay
      off early stage investors. But eventually the pyramid will collapse.
      At some point the schemes get too big, the promoter cannot raise
      enough money from new investors to pay earlier investors, and many
      people lose their money.

      I don't see prepaid legal fitting that definition....

      > Since I am currently working on an expose of these people to be
      posted to
      > FraudsAndScams.com, it is unwise to use a post of mine as a spam
      springboard -

      Why? It is just another option that Vickie was trying to offer.. Of
      course she is going to try to make money with prepaid legal.. Given
      the opportunity, who would'nt?

      "Columbia's Premiere Private Investigation's Company"

      2101 W. Broadway PMB 326, Columbia, MO. 65203

      Phone: (636) 410-0251
      Fax: (636) 410-0257
      EMERGENCY LINE & FAX: (866) 878-7099

      Email: RMRI-Inc@...
      http://www.rmri.net

      Come Join ProEmailTracing
      Learn EVERYTHING you ever wanted to know about Cyber Investigations!
      Subscribe at: ProEmailTracing-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      "Oh divine arts of subtlety and secrecy!
      Through you we learn to be unseen. Through
      you we learn to be unheard; and hence we hold
      the fate or our enemies in our hands....."

      Sun Tzu 500 B.C. "The Art Of War"

      It is not the critic who counts,
      not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles,
      or where the doer of deeds could have done them better.
      The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the
      arena.... who strives ..... who spends himself and who,
      at the worst, if fails, at least he fails while daring,
      so that his place shall never be with those cold and
      timid souls who knew neither victory or defeat.

      Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt
    • ke1024b1
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
        --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, "Vicki Siedow" <Siedow@L...>

        Vicki,

        I don't know much about pre-paid legal, but interested in learning
        more. Please send me some info. With $225 hr avg attorney fees and
        the litigous society we live in, is certainly worth at least looking
        at.

        Thanks,

        Kirsti Ekeholm,LPI
        Ekeholm and Associates, LLC
        Office: (770) 720-8343
        E-Mail: info@...
        Website: www.screensafecheck.com
        Georgia Private Detective License: # PDC001919
      • Consulting Investigation Services
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
            Happy to, Kirsti. Here's my link, I'll give you a ring, or you call me with
            questions. As you say, with the cost of attorneys, and the even higher cost
            of not consulting one, this is a "must." As Investigators we absolutely
            must consult attorneys often. Since Teri Shiavo everyone wants a Will, and
            a Living Will. Since ChoicePoint & BofA, the Identity Theft Shield is in
            huge demand because it includes restoration of your identity. Our clients
            all need legal advice, and I prefer that they get it from a qualified
            attorney, not from me. I also prefer that they have enough money left over
            to hire me. It's win/win.

            http://AreYouProtectedYet.com

            Vicki Siedow
            Siedow & Associates Investigations
            & Custom Legal Support Services
            2629 Foothill Blvd. #262
            La Crescenta (Los Angeles area), CA 91214
            818-688-3295 fax
            Siedow@...
            http://Siedow.LawAndOrder.com
            CA Lic. PI #22852