Re: [infoguys-list] Unbelievable -- David v Goliath and I'm bettin on David a...

  • oracleintl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2005
      In a message dated 4/1/2005 1:18:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      mycroft@... writes:

      Reminds me of a suit in England a few years ago .. McDonald's Corp was
      suing one and all for the use of the word McDonald's (as in McDonald's
      Tea Shoppe and Crumpets - small local establishment) -- turns out to
      have been a "bad move" seem that the Scottish Laird (Lord) Ronald
      McDonald and Head of Clan McDonald (true.. and he is NOT clown) was the
      ONLY person under English Law entitled to rule on whether or not a
      person place or thing can bear the name "McDonald" --- in a statement
      to the BBC, he suggested that rather than pick on small businesses, the
      McDonald Corp come after him ... since at the Castle HE served a
      "McDonald's Breakfast" -- as I recall, there was no comment from the
      hamburger folks and the other suits were dispatched by the English legal
      system, where common sense still seems to have a small part to play

      Now that is an excellent vignette! What a story. I shall remember that one.

      Bill