Re: [infoguys-list] Arnold, HW and sheeps bones

  • Peg Daniels
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2005
      --- Tony Goring <peterskip2003@...> wrote:

      > I live in a country where some people still go to
      > the Sangoma (Witch Doctor) and get him to throw a
      > few sheep vertebrae in the air. (the way they land
      > tells the �customer� what will happen what to do and
      > which particular spell or potion the �doctor� should
      > prescribe). I know of one international bank
      > executive here who will not hear a word spoken
      > against the process.

      If someone hires themselves out to companies in the
      U.S., and what they are offering is the service of
      analyzing the personality characteristics of the
      people these companies are looking to employ, and the
      technique they use to make this analysis is to throw
      sheep vertebrae into the air, I'm gonna want to see
      some scientific proof of the validity of that
      technique in that specific application, make no bones
      about it.

      (I regret to say I've been unable to find any
      documents pertaining specifically to the legality of
      the use of personality analysis through sheep
      vertebrae tossing. My by-no-means-expert opinion is
      that some general civil rights laws would apply.)

      Now, on the other hand, if an investigator wants to
      throw sheep vertebrae into the air to, for example,
      tell him or her whodunnit, fine. I assume they'll need
      to back that up, however, to make their charges stick.

      Dr. Peg Daniels

      Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!