Re: [infoguys-list] Digest Number 1343

  • NightWerx@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28 9:18 AM
      Geeze Bill....IF you don' know what I do...how am "I" ever gonna find out
      what it is?

      For the benefit of the members of this list and any other lists it may get
      passed to for publication. Mr. Branscum and I have never met, don't know each
      other, have never spoken on the phone and are only known to each other by our
      respective posts.

      I am a "handwriting analyst"...I'm NOT a "QDE" (qualified document examiner)
      nor do I have any desire to be one!

      Arnold

      Arnold De Armond
      Chief Investigator
      NightWerx Investigations, Inc.
      P. O. Box 1534
      Southaven, MS 38671
      1-888-880-6829
      Fax: 1-601-510-9141
      NAIS, IABPA, CHAI, IACSP, NAPSOA
      _http://www.nightwerxinvestigations.com_
      (http://www.nightwerxinvestigations.com/)

      In a message dated 2/27/2005 10:01:41 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

      Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 17:31:50 EST
      From: oracleintl@...
      Subject: Graphology

      I just received a post from someone I know who is evidently a bit shy about
      saying anything that might give rise to dispute or debate. They ask
      whether
      they should construe my prior posts as endorsing graphology.

      My answer to that is NO.

      Since I understand that the person who drafted the posts I took exception
      has since left the list, I do not want to pursue the content, nature and
      justification for prior assertions and arguments, but I did not intend that
      people be left with the belief that I support or endorse whatever it is that
      Mr.
      De Armond does - mostly because I haven't a clue what that is.

      I understand that people generally say that the study of handwriting is
      divided into two disciplines - the one where experts determine who actually
      wrote
      or signed what, and the one where experts evaluate a person based upon
      their
      handwriting.

      That is not consistent with my experience - in my experience, the latter
      group is divided into two separate and disctinct groups and I regard that to
      be
      important because I believe in one of those groups to some extent, and have

      grave doubts about the other.

      Specifically, I do believe that there are experts who can take what a
      person
      has wirtten or typed and profile them if given adequate exemplars. I have
      seen it work in actual practice and if the news is accurate, we are about
      have a wonderful opportunity to evaluate some experts now that the BTK
      Killer
      has reportedly been apprehended.

      On the other hand, there are those who claim to be able to examine raw
      handwriting, and by that I mean handwriting where the content and context of
      what
      is written was pre-selected (Copy the first five pages of Moby Dick for
      example) and tell you all about a person. I do not personally believe
      that.

      Now if that is what Mr.De Armond does for a living, I would expect him to
      take exception to that and we can discuss and debate the subject for as long
      as
      anyone is interested.

      Even then, I won't have any patience with anyone whose contribution is,
      "That's bullshit - because I know bullshit when I see it." I expect
      something a
      bit more credible and compelling than that from anyone who wants to engage
      in
      a debate on a professional list.

      Bill E. Branscum, Investigator
      Oracle International