From Leif I need everyones Help "Special Notice"

  • Leif
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2005
      As some of you may be aware some information has been taken from
      http://www.infoguys.com
      I have contacted Yahoo copyright and here is a small part of the
      letter I sent to them. I do not know what if anything Yahoo will do.
      The long and the short of it is someone is using all of infoguys.com
      information to help thier business. When I click on an email to
      contact some one I do not expect to be sent to a shopping page.
      Some of you may not care at all and thats fine just delete this and
      sorry to take your time. As stated in infoguys.com I do not send out
      emails to all the listings I need help if you know anyone who has a
      listing at infoguys.com please let them know that thier info is
      being used. as always thanks for your time.
      Leif

      The information I believe to have been taken from is at
      http://www.infoguys.com
      Under each of our categories are listings of private investigators,
      process servers, smart guys, info brokers, pi schools, associations
      and so on. Below is a state by state listing for private
      investigators.
      [AL] [AK] [AZ] [AR] [CA] [CO] [CT] [DE] [FL] [GA] [GU] [HI] [ID]
      [IL] [IN] [IA] [KS] [KY] [LA] [ME] [MD] [MA] [MI] [MN] [MS] [MO]
      [MT] [NE] [NV] [NH] [NJ] [NM] [NY] [NC] [ND] [OH] [OK] [OR] [PA]
      [PR] [RI] [SC] [SD] [TN] [TX] [UT] [VT] [VA] [VI] [WA] [DC] [WV]
      [WI] [WY] [FM] [MH]

      The Information that I believe to have been copied to is located at
      the following pages. This is not a complete list, as I am still
      finding more.

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/texas.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/connecticut.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/indiana.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/louisiana.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/michigan.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/mississippi.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/ohio.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/pennsylvania.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/southcarolina.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/tennessee.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/virginia.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/washington.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/wisconsin.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/arizona.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/florprivinpa.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/florprivinpa2.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/florprivinpa2.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/kansas.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/maine.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/maryland.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/massachusetts.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/nevada.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/florida.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/missouri.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/texas.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/florprivinpa1.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/georgia.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/alabama.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/california.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/colprivinpag.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/indiana.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/louisiana.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/minnesota.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/mississippi.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/newyork.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/oklahoma.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/pennsylvania.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/virginia.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/wyoming.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/washington.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/arizona.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/newhampshire.html

      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/newjersey.html

      As An example If you look at:
      http://www.infoguys.com/url_pis.cfm?loc==1&id=E

      and at :
      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/texas.html

      You will see a similarity between the listings in order exactly as
      found on infoguys.com
      The listing company names, owner names, descriptions and email
      information seems to have been copied. In more detailed research I
      have found that the listings that appear at "gpsoutlet" and
      not at
      infoguys.com are old listings that have been deleted as they are no
      longer valid pages for infoguys.com. Each of the
      previous "gpsoutlet" listings follows the same pattern. The
      email
      address listed at "gpsoutlet" on each of the pages link back
      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/ . The shortcut for each of these
      email address include the Infoguys.com cfm.?== "id" listing
      number.

      IE : If we look at the first listing on this page
      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/texas.html
      Bill McMillon and Associates, LC
      354 Alamo Country Club
      Alamo, TX 78516 United States
      Office: (956)783-1132

      wmcmillon@...

      License Number: A-07781
      Insured?: Yes

      The owner/manager is a retired State Trooper with over 20 years
      experience working all types of investigations. They specialize in
      covert video surveillance, civil process service and witness
      location. THEY COVER ALL OF SOUTH TEXAS. Member: T.A.L.I. & A.P.O.A.

      The email address(wmcmillon@...) link leads to the
      "gpsoutlet"
      homepage
      The short cut is named
      store.yahoo.com/gpsoutlet/pi_mail.cfm?id=45

      And if we look at this page at infoguys.com
      The first listing is:
      Bill McMillon and Associates, LC
      354 Alamo Country Club
      Alamo, TX 78516 United States
      Office: (956)783-1132
      wmcmillon@...
      License Number: A-07781
      Insured?: Yes

      The owner/manager is a retired State Trooper with over 20 years
      experience working all types of investigations. They specialize in
      covert video surveillance, civil process service and witness
      location. THEY COVER ALL OF SOUTH TEXAS. Member: T.A.L.I. & A.P.O.A.
      The email address(wmcmillon@...) link leads to
      http://www.infoguys.com/pi_mail.cfm?id=45 this is a mail contact
      page at Infoguys.com.
      The short cut is named
      http://www.infoguys.com/pi_mail.cfm?id=45

      I have found this to be the case on all the previous pages I listed
      at "gpsoutlet"

      Several months ago I contacted whom I was told was the owner of the
      site about this problem, this can be seen at
      http://web.archive.org/web/20040222190734/vehicle-tracking-
      usa.com/privin.html
      I called several times to have it removed and I was told it would
      be removed.
      I have contacted several times since and each time I am told that
      he needs to speak to a webmaster or a partner. He has not returned
      any calls and has not removed the information. The pages I listed
      above seem to be a new version of the aforementioned pages at
      archive.org.

      I have not nor have any of the owners/partners given any permission
      to use this information.
      Our copyright is located here http://www.infoguys.com/general.cfm?
      id==1

      ┬ęCopyright 1996-2003 InfoGuys.com. All rights reserved. Copyright
      in
      this document is owned Infoguys.com, a division of Spyville.com LLC.
      Any person is hereby authorized to view, copy, print, and distribute
      this document subject to the following conditions:
      1. The document may be used for informational purposes only.
      2. The document may only be used for non-commercial purposes.
      3. Any copy of this document or portion thereof must include this
      copyright notice.

      Note that any product or process described in the document may be
      the subject of other Intellectual Property rights reserved by
      William D. Shelton and are not licensed hereunder.

      RESTRICTED RIGHTS LEGEND
      Use, duplication, or disclosure by the U.S. Government is subject to
      restrictions of FAR 52.227-14(g)(2)(6/87) and FAR 52.227-19(6/87),
      or DFAR
      252.227-7015(b)(6/95) and DFAR 227.7202-3(a).

      THIS PUBLICATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
      EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
      IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
      PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.

      THIS PUBLICATION COULD INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR
      TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED TO THE
      INFORMATION HEREIN; THESE CHANGES WILL BE INCORPORATED IN NEW
      EDITIONS OF THE PUBLICATION. WILLIAM D. SHELTON MAY MAKE
      IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES IN THE PRODUCT(S) AND/OR THE
      PROGRAM(S) DESCRIBED IN THIS PUBLICATION AT ANY TIME.

      I am unsure of how to proceed at this point. It appears to me that a
      large part of the content at http://www.infoguys.com has been taken
      and I have been unable to find a solution. As our copyright states
      Non-commercial use and must include this notice.

      Several of my list members have contacted me and asked why their
      email addresses and information are being used to promote a
      business. I do not have an answer for them.
      Thank you very much for your time.
      Leif Kehrein
      Spyville.com l.l.c.
      1783 Meriden/Waterbury rd.