Re: ATTENDANCE/REETINGS FROM AFRICA

  • mrgfillmore
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2005
      Here's some insight (from another list) into the bonafides of the
      poster, whose legitimacy has been questioned a number of times on this
      list:

      From: "JOHNSON OKEBUKOLA Esq" <aptcons@...>
      Subject: Fw: ATTENDANCE/GREETINGS FROM AFRICA - OBSERVATION!!

      Dear Colleagues,

      Without prejudice,

      Nigerian laws with special exceptions forbids the practice of 'Private
      investigation'. It is pertinent to know the registration details of
      subject.

      A limited liability company in Nigeria cannot as at present be registered
      for the sole purpose of 'PRIVATE INVESTIGATION' in Nigeria as depicted by
      the member of this group in the greeting subject.

      For your information only, A Private Guard Company in Nigeria (which
      is the
      the only permitted body to arrange private security matters allowed by
      law)
      is precluded from operating as a 'private investigator by the said law. To
      operate as such,
      will negate the Private Guards Companies Act Chapter 367 laws of the
      Federation of Nigeria 1990, at Section 22. This states inter alia that 'No
      person ..shall use the expression " private detective" in connection with
      such business or employment or hold himself out in any manner as a private
      detective.'

      Section 28 of the Act also states that 'Any person which by any false,
      misleading or deceptive statement, representation or promise or by any
      willful concealment of a material fact, induces or attempts to induce any
      person to enter into an arrangement or contract in connection with its
      business as such shall be guilty of an offence.'

      By this fact, it will be wrong for a person or body corporate to own to be
      operating an
      investigative enterprise in Nigeria without being properly registered or
      licensed for
      that PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

      JOHNSON OKEBUKOLA Esq.
      NIGERIA.
      aptchamber@...
      www.aptconsultancy.com
      MABI, MWAD,MIPI,MWIN, MGIN, MIACP.MWAPI.

      --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, SUNNY LIDIPE
      <sunivision2000@y...> wrote:

      > Dear Colleagues,
      >

      > Complement of the season and with the best wishes, we mark the
      register for another exiting and successful year in the world of
      Private Investigators.

      > Please contact us if you need any assistance in Nigeria, Ghana,
      Togo, Benin Republic, Niger, Congo, Congo Libreville, Cameroon, Ivory
      Coast, Liberia and other African Countries.

      > Once again, I wish you a very successful and prosperous New Year in
      which I pray that you will live with good health, joy and grace.

      > Kind Regards,
      >
      > Samuel S. Lidipe
      >
      > President: Sunivision International Investigations Ltd
      >
      > Lagos-Nigeria
      >
      > Tel: 234-8034091998, 234-8045077612
      >
      > Email: president@s...
      >
      > Website: www.sunivision.com
      >

      > SAMUEL S. LIDIPE B.Sc, IOA, ACI
      > PRESIDENT: SUNIVISION INT'L INVESTIGATIONS LTD
      > TELEPHONE# 234-8034091998, FAX# 234-1-4930419
      > CONTACT ADDRESS: #6, SHOBOYEJO STRRET, IJU, IFAKO-IJAIYE,
      > LAGOS, NIGERIA

    • Vicki Siedow
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2005
        Well, I'm keeping Mr. JOHNSON OKEBUKOLA Esq.'s info on file, instead of the
        other guy. :)

        Vicki Siedow
        Siedow & Associates Investigations
        & Custom Legal Support Services
        2629 Foothill Blvd. #262
        La Crescenta (Los Angeles area), CA 91214
        818-688-3295 fax
        Siedow@...
        http://Siedow.LawAndOrder.com
        CA Lic. PI #22852