E-mail Tracing The Troll.

  • spies_online
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2005
      Everyone:

      It seems that a troll is having some fun with everyone at Infoguys.
      After receiving four "Happy New Year" messages from the troll, I
      decided to take a look at the e-mail header. Here is the pertinent
      part below:

      From: infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com
      To: infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com
      Date: 5 Jan 2005 03:02:19 -0000
      Subject: [infoguys-list] Reminder - Happy New Year!

      Please notice this line:

      Then I looked at the Infoguys "Calendar." Sure enough, it is set up
      so that anyone (not just the moderator) can send out Calendar
      announcements to the entire group. So, let's look here to see what
      our friendly little troll has done:

      s=0&t=1104945978&e=3&a=1

      Let's look and see what's here:

      Event Name: Happy New Year!
      Date: Saturday, January 1, 2005
      Time: All Day
      Repeat: every fourth day.
      Reminders: 2 hours before the event and 1 hour before the event.
      love that guy!

      http://trollhack.blogspot.com/2005/01/happy-fookin-new-year-you-
      mutts.html#comments

      Well, it seems the troll has decided to send us TWO reminders EVERY
      FOURTH DAY of this New Year message. Therefore, I implore Leif to
      consider taking over the calendar and removing this reminder unless
      we all would like to get another two copies of it four days from now!

      Best regards,

      Joanne
      Spies Online
      http://www.spiesonline.net