Real Estate Help

  • stbrian2000
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 21, 2004
      Hello everyone,

      I recently put down $160,000 to a real estate investment company for
      the purchase of a tri-plex that will be built for me on a land that
      they purchased. The president of this one-man company said that
      instead of him borrowing the money from the bank to do construction,
      he will use my money and in return will sell me the tri-plex for a
      discount of $230,000. This property is located in Texas and he will
      deliver the tri-plex to me at the end of April. He said the
      construction will start at the end of October or the first week of
      November. He was willing to let me put a lien on the building that
      his company is located. I had checked with the county record office
      and he does own the building and the land that the tri-plex was
      going to be built, but he still has morgages on them. He also owns a
      duplex. It is now almost the end of December and construction has
      not even started. I called him and each time he promised me next
      week it will start but when I drove by, nothing was there. He tried
      to explain to me that the city was holding him up. Now he does not
      even answer my call. What can I do in this case? Should I start to
      look for a real estate lawyer or have to wait until the end of April
      which he might sell all his properties and file for bankruptcy?
      Please help...
    • JSTONELAKE@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 22, 2004
        Contact a real-estate lawyer ASAP and make sure all of your documents as well
        as phone records, documented conservation's, are made available to your legal
        representative via FAX or copes via FED X or whom ever.
        Sounds like you need to attempt action ASAP but it also sounds like you did
        not have representation when you started this undertaking.
        Don't get caught holding the bag. Some times we all learn the hard way. You
        do have civil recourse that must be pursued and that your attorney can use the
        weight of the Justice System to recover your money or the property.
        Sincerely, Joseph Stonelake, Retired Building Contractor

      • stbrian2000
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 22, 2004
          Thank you for your advice. I might have to do that before the end of
          this week but I think there is nothing they can do for me now
          because legally, he does have until the end of April 2005 to deliver
          the tri-plex or return my money with interest. This is one stupid
          mistake I will never forget.

          --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, JSTONELAKE@A... wrote:

          > Contact a real-estate lawyer ASAP and make sure all of your
          documents as well
          > as phone records, documented conservation's, are made available to
          your legal
          > representative via FAX or copes via FED X or whom ever.
          > Sounds like you need to attempt action ASAP but it also sounds
          like you did
          > not have representation when you started this undertaking.
          > Don't get caught holding the bag. Some times we all learn the hard
          way. You
          > do have civil recourse that must be pursued and that your attorney
          can use the
          > weight of the Justice System to recover your money or the
          property.
          > Sincerely, Joseph Stonelake, Retired Building Contractor

        • Geraldine LaMarche
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 23, 2004
            Waiting will only create more anxiety and prevent getting resolution for this obvious problem. How much you can salvage out of this deal will be determined in a legal issue. Hurry and seek an attorney.

            stbrian2000 <stbrian2000@...> wrote:

[...]

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            Get unlimited calls to

            U.S./Canada

          • stbrian2000
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 24, 2004
              I listened to all your advices and seeked the assistance of a real
              estate attorney. He said the only thing we can do right now is to
              write this broker a letter telling him to honor the contract and
              provide proof that he has taken the steps toward this. If he can not
              provide any proof, then the attorney will file a "les pendin" on all
              the properties that the broker owned. He told me this thing could
              get really messy and costly. Just writing a letter cost me $1500
              already. I hope after all this, I still get some money back. Hope
              God is on my side right now.

              --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, Geraldine LaMarche

              list-subscribe@yahoogroups.com">infoguys-list-
              subscribe@yahoogroups.com</a><br/>
              unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com">infoguys-list-

              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              > Get unlimited calls to
              >
              > U.S./Canada

              Service.

            • Vicki Siedow
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 24, 2004
                Sign up for Pre-Paid Legal Services. That letter, and the consultation,
                would not have cost you more than the monthly membership fee of $17-$26.
                There are plenty of other benefits, too. For more info check my site below,
                or email me. I show it to most of my clients, and many use it to good
                advantage, as do I.

                Vicki Siedow
                Siedow & Associates Investigations
                & Custom Legal Support Services
                2629 Foothill Blvd. #262
                La Crescenta (Los Angeles area), CA 91214
                818-688-3295 fax
                Siedow@...
                http://Siedow.LawAndOrder.com
                CA Lic. PI #22852