Re: [infoguys-list] Need Some Help on Getting Background Information...Pgazz

  • oracleintl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 13, 2004
      In a message dated 12/13/2004 9:44:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      Pegasus3@... writes:

      I wouldnt touch this with a 10 footer .. no name, no license no address, I
      have no idea whomyou are....

      While I generally agree Edwin, I didn't read the post as an e-mail from a
      professional - but ut could certainly be interpreted that way. I thought it
      odd too, until I noted that pgazz joined the list 12/11/2004, the day before he
      posted.

      If "pgazz" is not a professional investigator, I can sympathize with anyone
      who feels that there must be something derogatory out there that they don't
      know about -- that could be a nightmare.

      If he has scoured the net looking for a way to find competent help (I
      believe you will agree that finding a competent investigator can be a challenge),
      the Info-guys introduction may have seemed like the answer. It says,

      "Use the list to find an investigator or to find a client."

      Although it does address the rules of the list, it doesn't say anything
      about signature lines.

      While I agree with you regarding posts by our professional members, in my
      humble opinion, a post like this is nothing to be concerned about under these
      circumstances. If I had the time to get involved, I would just ask for the
      information directly.

      Until our moderator sees fit to add the signature line requirement to the
      published rules of the list, I don't think we can reasonably expect visitors to
      comply.

      To Pgazz, I would suggest that you tell us a little more about yourself and
      your problem, but DO NOT post personal information beyond who you are. You
      might e-mail Edwin directly or call him. His post suggests that he would help
      you if the proper information is provided, and he would be a good choice for
      you.

      Cordially,

      Bill E. Branscum, Investigator
      Oracle International
      _www.OracleInternational.com_ (http://www.OracleInternational.com)
      PO Box 10728
      Naples, FL 34101
      (239) 304-1639
      (239) 304-1640 Fax
      Illegitimi non carborundum

    • Will Ray
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 13, 2004
        I get way too much trash from infoguys now days. Infoguys should have some
        regulations, who, why, what for are people joining. If private citizen
        that is ok by me, if in the Investigation business a most of us are. What
        ever the case it should be noted in the signature line.......private
        citizen.............or in the business of doing legal investigations.
        Investigators should be required to indicate; business name, address, phone
        number, state of license and license number, if no state requirement for
        licenses as many states are not required to for the investigator to be
        licensed. But every city requires everyone in business to have a city
        license and pay the tax. Therefore; it is no problem to require everyone
        to provide license number. All others will be know as John Q Public, then we
        will know whom we are receiving emails from.

        Will Ray
        'IN GOD WE TRUST"
        "THE LAND OF THE FREE, HOME OF THE BRAVE"
        [When YOU have a lot to lose it makes sense to trust the best]
        "FOR WHAT EVER IS HIDDEN IS MEANT TO BE DISCLOSED,
        AND WHAT EVER IS CONCEALED IS MEANT TO BE
        BROUGHT OUT INTO THE OPEN" (Mark 4:22 NIV)
        Will Ray Private Investigators; Oregon Lic. # 071
        CMI, OALI, OCDLA, ACI.
        POB 547 Sutherlin, Oregon 97479-0547
        Phone 541-430-0463----------541-459-3545
        Fax 541-459-9175 Email willraypi@...
        WEB Site http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Troy/8842/

        > In a message dated 12/13/2004 9:44:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
        > Pegasus3@... writes:
        >
        > I wouldnt touch this with a 10 footer .. no name, no license no address,
        > have no idea whomyou are....
        >

        > While I generally agree Edwin, I didn't read the post as an e-mail from a
        > professional - but ut could certainly be interpreted that way. I thought
        > it
        > odd too, until I noted that pgazz joined the list 12/11/2004, the day
        > before he
        > posted.
        >
        > If "pgazz" is not a professional investigator, I can sympathize with
        > anyone
        > who feels that there must be something derogatory out there that they
        > don't
        > know about -- that could be a nightmare.
        >
        > If he has scoured the net looking for a way to find competent help (I
        > believe you will agree that finding a competent investigator can be a
        > challenge),
        > the Info-guys introduction may have seemed like the answer. It says,
        >
        > "Use the list to find an investigator or to find a client."
        >
        > Although it does address the rules of the list, it doesn't say anything
        > about signature lines.
        >
        > While I agree with you regarding posts by our professional members, in my
        > humble opinion, a post like this is nothing to be concerned about under
        > these
        > circumstances. If I had the time to get involved, I would just ask for
        > the
        > information directly.
        >
        > Until our moderator sees fit to add the signature line requirement to the
        > published rules of the list, I don't think we can reasonably expect
        > visitors to
        > comply.
        >
        > To Pgazz, I would suggest that you tell us a little more about yourself
        > and
        > your problem, but DO NOT post personal information beyond who you are.
        > You
        > might e-mail Edwin directly or call him. His post suggests that he would
        > help
        > you if the proper information is provided, and he would be a good choice
        > for
        > you.
        >
        > Cordially,
        >
        > Bill E. Branscum, Investigator
        > Oracle International
        > _www.FraudsAndScams.com_ (http://www.FraudsAndScams.com)
        > _www.OracleInternational.com_ (http://www.OracleInternational.com)
        > PO Box 10728
        > Naples, FL 34101
        > (239) 304-1639
        > (239) 304-1640 Fax
        > Illegitimi non carborundum

        > href="mailto:infoguys-list-subscribe@yahoogroups.com">infoguys-list-subscribe@yahoogroups.com</a><br/>
        > To unsubscribe, send a message to <a
        > href="mailto:infoguys-list-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com">infoguys-list-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com</a><br/>
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Leif
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 14, 2004
          I must say this is an interesting point. Hmmm What would everyone
          think of adding a rule to the effect of sign your post with at least
          a name and email. Or if any one has suggestions I would be glad to
          hear them. I am going to put a poll up.
          Leif
          The Spy Shop
          http://www.spyville.com
          8606282075

          --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, "Will Ray" <willraypi@m...>
          wrote:

          > I get way too much trash from infoguys now days. Infoguys should
          have some
          > regulations, who, why, what for are people joining. If private
          citizen
          > that is ok by me, if in the Investigation business a most of us
          are. What
          > ever the case it should be noted in the signature
          line.......private
          > citizen.............or in the business of doing legal
          investigations.
          > Investigators should be required to indicate; business name,
          address, phone
          > number, state of license and license number, if no state
          requirement for
          > licenses as many states are not required to for the investigator
          to be
          > licensed. But every city requires everyone in business to have a
          city
          > license and pay the tax. Therefore; it is no problem to require
          everyone
          > to provide license number. All others will be know as John Q
          Public, then we
          > will know whom we are receiving emails from.
          >
          > Will Ray
          > 'IN GOD WE TRUST"
          > "THE LAND OF THE FREE, HOME OF THE BRAVE"
          > [When YOU have a lot to lose it makes sense to trust the best]
          > "FOR WHAT EVER IS HIDDEN IS MEANT TO BE DISCLOSED,
          > AND WHAT EVER IS CONCEALED IS MEANT TO BE
          > BROUGHT OUT INTO THE OPEN" (Mark 4:22 NIV)
          > Will Ray Private Investigators; Oregon Lic. # 071
          > CMI, OALI, OCDLA, ACI.
          > POB 547 Sutherlin, Oregon 97479-0547
          > Phone 541-430-0463----------541-459-3545
          > Fax 541-459-9175 Email willraypi@m...
          > WEB Site http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Troy/8842/

        • MessageINaBottle
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 14, 2004
            Home of the Free? Home of the Brave? Naw. Home of required numbers, home of freaks that try to Regulate Yahoo groups, home of city licenses, State licenses, Federal tax ID numbers and freaks that act ignorant just because someone asked how to get info on HIMSELF.

            So WHAT if he didnt have a sig line? Its not REQUIRED on this group.

            You dont have to tell people who you are in order to ask how to get info on YOURSELF!! Thats STUPID.

            I dont have a sig line and I wont because of troublemakers like YOU.

            Its called, "privacy". Ever hear of it?

            And everyone else needs to stop harping on SIGNATURE lines. Its selfsih self-serving bullshit.

            This man asked one simple question and you act like the signature line Gestapo of Nazi cyberworld.

            Just because of your attitude I wouldnt hire you if you were the last PI on the planet.

            Oh, btw, If you think you get too much "trash" from this group then you need to leave.

            Bye

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          • MessageINaBottle
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 14, 2004
              Are you seriesly thinking about caving in to this cliche?

              One guy whines about regulating this group, which by the way used to welcome members of the "GENERAL PUBLIC", and you jump to his whims?

              Maybe the founder should clarify what exactly the purpose of this group is(was)?

              And someone should distringuish what a "civilian" is and is NOT as it reflects in this "poll".

              As far as I am concerned we are ALL civillians and PI's are NOT "special" and should NOT get special treatment from the moderators.

              I am so sick of the rantings and cry baby whinings about stupid signature lines I could spit. That was NOT the original topic but some whiner changed all that to focus on HIMSELF and his PERSONAL opinions, didnt he?

              If this contiues any further I am leaving this group.

              ~Martha

              wrote:

              > I get way too much trash from infoguys now days. Infoguys should
              have some
              > regulations, who, why, what for are people joining. If private
              citizen
              > that is ok by me, if in the Investigation business a most of us
              are. What
              > ever the case it should be noted in the signature
              line.......private
              > citizen.............or in the business of doing legal
              investigations.
              > Investigators should be required to indicate; business name,
              address, phone
              > number, state of license and license number, if no state
              requirement for
              > licenses as many states are not required to for the investigator
              to be
              > licensed. But every city requires everyone in business to have a
              city
              > license and pay the tax. Therefore; it is no problem to require
              everyone
              > to provide license number. All others will be know as John Q
              Public, then we
              > will know whom we are receiving emails from.
              >
              > Will Ray
              > 'IN GOD WE TRUST"
              > "THE LAND OF THE FREE, HOME OF THE BRAVE"
              > [When YOU have a lot to lose it makes sense to trust the best]
              > "FOR WHAT EVER IS HIDDEN IS MEANT TO BE DISCLOSED,
              > AND WHAT EVER IS CONCEALED IS MEANT TO BE
              > BROUGHT OUT INTO THE OPEN" (Mark 4:22 NIV)
              > Will Ray Private Investigators; Oregon Lic. # 071
              > CMI, OALI, OCDLA, ACI.
              > POB 547 Sutherlin, Oregon 97479-0547
              > Phone 541-430-0463----------541-459-3545
              > Fax 541-459-9175 Email willraypi@m...
              > WEB Site http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Troy/8842/

              "I am sick and tired of being sick and tired".

              ~ Fannie Lou Hamer 1917-1977