Re: [infoguys-list] Re: Hoaxes

  • Patty Beeken
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 13, 2004
      Why do we get worked up? Because some of these things have been circulating on the net for five years now. People think they are really doing a services to pass them along but they just turn into more spam.
      Some of them have even cost police departments a great deal of time and money. Several years ago an email was circulated that a child was missing from a specific town. When we called Law Enforcementin the town to verify we were told that YES the child had been missing for about TWO hours months before and since that time they had to hire a full time person just to answer the phone because people kept passing that email around.
      Patty Beeken
      4thekids Missing Kid Services
      http://www.FourTheKids.org
      Doenetwork Nebraska Area Director