Who is at fault??

  • Jurydoctor@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 13, 2004
      Need your opinions, please!! 5 bucks an opinion goes to help Josh Phillips!!
      thanks in advance,
      amy

      6-9-01, 16 1/2 year old Meri tells her parents she is staying at a
      friend's'house. Meri is just finishing her sophomore year at Happy H.S. in Luxury
      County. The friend, Kay is just finishing Junior year at Happy High as well. Kay
      has indicated that she was able to come and go in her house at will...her mom
      did not care what she did.

      On 6-8-04 in the late afternoon, early evening, 22/23 year old, Sol bought 4
      kegs of beer with the intention of having a party for the graduating (Manover
      Area H.S.) seniors.

      On 6-8-04, between 5:30 and 7:00 p.m., Eric (Kay's "boyfreind"), Roger and
      William drank 4 to 6 beers each and shared a marijuana joint. They then
      proceed to the Manover Area H.S. graduation ceremony.

      After the ceremony, the boys meet up with Meri and Kay in a park, where there
      is no evidence of drinking. They eventually proceed to Eric's vehicle where
      they drive to a supermarket parking lot and begin walking to Scott's party in
      the woods. It takes them 45 minutes to find the party and the arrive between
      10:15 and 10:45 p.m. on 6-8-04.

      Kay testifies that she and Meri went their own way... they did not hang with
      Ericbut socialized on their own. They did drink but not alot. During the
      evening, numerous witnesses saw Eric drinking, at least 6 beers, and he even got
      into a fight.

      The kids left the party around 3:30 a.m on the 6-9-04. They again walked at
      least 20 minutes (they did not get lost coming out as they did going into the
      woods) to get out of the woods without incident. When they got out of the
      woods, Eric got a ride back to the supermarket where his car was. All the kids
      who are eventual passengers in Eric's vehicle waited for his return. Upon his
      return, Kay, Meri, Roger and William got in Eric''s white, hatchback BMW and
      drove off. Eventually, Eric began speeding and Roger yelled for him to slow
      down; Before he could slow down he lost control of his vehicle. Eric's b.a.c.
      at the time of the accident was found to be between .08 a.nd .1 %. PA legal
      limit at time was .1% for DUI for of age drinkers and .08% dor DUI for
      underage drinkers.

      The vehicle spun out of control, hit a tree and flipped. All occupants were
      ejected. No one had a scratch except William who died and Meri. Everyone
      walked away. Kay was not seriously injured...she had no serioues trauma or
      contusions...She was however pinned under the BMW...still no serious injury from
      this.
      The coroner's report indicates Meri was found face down in the mud and died
      from asphyxiation from mud. Mud found in her lungs. Photos are gruesome.

      ERic had no insurance and pled guilty to 2 homicides and a fleeing the
      scene. Total sentence 7 years.

      Scott, pled guilty to alcohol to minors and got probation. Either he or his
      brother charged $5.00 for entry to the party in the woods. He admits to
      buying the beer with the itent of serving it to underage drinkers and admits to not
      carding anyone.

      Plaintiff's experts: 1. PA state Police reconstruction:
      2. Sam Corr, P.E., reconstruction with Animation, also a
      timeline:
      3. Lux. County Coroner:
      4. Dr. Isad (prove Meri alive, and length of time it took
      to die).
      5. Dr. James (kinematics), will establish Megan suffered
      physical impact and fright b-4 dying...helping me meet requirements for
      survival
      pre-impact terror and fear of death...
      6. economics expert
      7. Toxicologist, Willdunn, b.a.c...also confirms that
      early evening activities not a factor in the accident and that but for Scott's
      beer, Eric was
      capable of safe driving at the absolute latest midnight.
      8. Mr. Willingham: Expert in underage drinking issues,
      retail alcohol sales and underage prevention. ()

      .

      The defense:
      Meri lied to her parents,
      she was drinking,
      she got in the car...

      My questions to you are:
      who is at fault?
      Meri_____________%
      Scott_____________%
      Eric______________%
      Meri's parents_______________%
      Kay's parents_____________%
      Scott's parents________%
      ERic's parents__________%

      Anyone else?

      Also the plaintiffs (Meri's parents) were offered 250K should they take it or
      go to trial (what's the case worth?

      Thanks,
      amy

    • Todd Wilson
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 14, 2004
        Amy,
        Here we go again ! Another upsetting case from the thoughtless ways of
        life.
        I can sit here and piont fingers at everyone of them kids involved. The one
        driving the BMW is at fault,for the out come of the reckless driving that
        caused the accident. Meri and Willaim (May they rest in peace)are some what
        fault for lying (Meri),drinking and getting into the vehicle.Roger & Kay are
        also to blame. It would be alow percentage,but they all knew the driver was
        drunk and that he smoked a joint and by not putting on seat belts.There
        sentance (Meri & Williams) was DEATH !
        ERIC is a JERK ! PA should have thrown the book at him !!

        For the Parents,I dont know what they are like in the real world so I cant
        give an opion on them.

        Meri's & William's Parents (May God Be With Them) lost more then a money
        figure ever given in court. What kind price do you ask for on a child ?
        Them being offered 250k," WOW" ! I think thats an Insult !
        Sorry for them they lost a child and may never collect what they are
        owed....

        For the percentages in your list Eric-80% Scott-15%
        Meri-5%.Parents-0%

        T.Wilson Investigations
        Cooper Landing,AK

      • bharris_3@netzero.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 14, 2004
          #1 WHEN ARE WE AS PARENTS GOING TO REALIZE THAT WE ARE THE PARENTS AND WE SHOULD ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR OUR CHILDREN UNTIL THEY ARE LEGAL ADULTS, MERIS PARENTS ARE 95% TO BLAME IF WE ARE GOING TO BLAME ANYONE.
          #2 ERIC'S PARENTS ARE 5% BLAME IF ERIC WAS UNDER AGE, WHAT IS SOMEONE AT THIS AGE DOING DRIVING A BMW, AND MOST OF ALL WITHOUT INSURANCE,
          #3 IF SOMBODY HAS OFFERED HER PARENTS 250K THEY SHOULD TAKE IT, AND GIVE IT TO A CHAIRATY OR TO ME AND LET ME DO SOME LOBBING IN WASHINGTON,AFTER ALL THE ALCOHOL IS THE PROBLEM AND IT IS WHAT SHOULD BE DONE AWAY WITH.
          THANKS
          BEN HARRIS
          MS INVESTIGATORS
        • Raven
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 15, 2004
            Well said

            _____

            #1 WHEN ARE WE AS PARENTS GOING TO REALIZE THAT WE ARE THE PARENTS AND WE
            #2 ERIC'S PARENTS ARE 5% BLAME IF ERIC WAS UNDER AGE, WHAT IS SOMEONE AT
            THIS AGE DOING DRIVING A BMW, AND MOST OF ALL WITHOUT INSURANCE,
            #3 IF SOMBODY HAS OFFERED HER PARENTS 250K THEY SHOULD TAKE IT, AND GIVE IT
            TO A CHAIRATY OR TO ME AND LET ME DO SOME LOBBING IN WASHINGTON,AFTER ALL
            THE ALCOHOL IS THE PROBLEM AND IT IS WHAT SHOULD BE DONE AWAY WITH.
            THANKS
            BEN HARRIS
            MS INVESTIGATORS

            e@yahoogroups.com</a><br/>
            To unsubscribe, send a message to <a
            cribe@yahoogroups.com</a><br/>

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            HYPERLINK
            "http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129h7pm79/M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=gr
            oups/S=1705059354:HM/EXP=1103209785/A=2434971/R=0/SIG=11eeoolb0/*http://www.
            netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185400"click here
            HYPERLINK
            "http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=
            :HM/A=2434971/rand=684145761"

            _____