Re: [infoguys-list] Digest Number 1276

  • Afronet Globe
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 13, 2004
      Dear members,
      Reading the comments and articles from you has been quite informative.Thank you so much. Please keep it up.
      My name is Remy.I am a private investigator based in Lagos, Nigeria and I work cases in different countries of Africa.My clients are investigative agencies in America and Europe.I work claim cases on health insurance, life insurance, baggage loss, due diligence and background checks, fraud and scam, locates,certificate verifications etc.in countries of Africa.

      I read Education, English and Journalism and I hold B.A,M.A degrees and a Post Graduate Diploma. Later I trained as a private investigator under Mr Israel Mbachu, perhaps the most experienced private investigator in Africa. I have worked as an investigator since 2001. I love the profession.And I am willing to learn more.

      Sincerely yours

      Remy Ogu.

      infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      There are 5 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Re: Re: Hoaxes
      From: Seymour Dupa
      2. Need Some Help on Getting Background Information...
      From: "pj_signamax"

      3. Re: Re: Hoaxes
      From: Tressie
      4. polite remark: Hoaxes
      From: Ettisch-EnchelmaierGmbH2@...
      5. Equine Theft Listserve
      From: "Dave Oncale"

      Message: 1
      Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 09:36:31 -0800 (PST)
      From: Seymour Dupa
      Subject: Re: Re: Hoaxes

      When they quit being greedy.

      --- trollhack wrote:

      > When will people quit getting worked up over lame
      > hoaxes?

      =====
      You only get one chance on this merry-go-round.
      But if you do it right, once is enough.

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

      Message: 2
      Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 22:58:42 -0000
      From: "pj_signamax"

      Subject: Need Some Help on Getting Background Information...

      ....somewhere in databases, searchable by HR departments (outside of FCRA guidelins) is some information on me, that
      I'm having trouble getting. I've searched Kroll, American Registry, ordered a custom search through ChoicePoint, and I can
      not get to the infromation. If any of you guys think you can help, and have access to these Information Services, I'd be glad
      to become a client. Drop me an e-mail, if interested, to: pgazz@....
      Thanks,
      PJ

      Message: 3
      Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 09:46:51 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
      From: Tressie

      Lame hoaxes directed at them or society in general?

      When will people quit getting worked up over lame hoaxes?

      ---------------------------------

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Message: 4
      Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 09:39:10 +0100
      From: Ettisch-EnchelmaierGmbH2@...
      Subject: polite remark: Hoaxes

      Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 20:58:51 -0000
      From: "trollhack"
      Subject: Re: Hoaxes

      When will people quit getting worked up over lame hoaxes?

      Hi!

      We are not "worked up over lame hoaxes" but over messages
      with no proper signature, i.e. unknown sender.

      Nice weekend
      Author of a PI book: http://www.pimall.com/nais/successfulpi.html
      M. Ettisch-Enchelmaier, B.A., President, CEO ISBN: 1-891247-59-X
      Ettisch-Enchelmaier GmbH SINCE 19-SEVENTY-TWO
      Bodelschwinghstr. 9/67246 Dirmstein/Germany
      http://ettisch.euro-detectives.org
      Tel. (+49 6238)989 098, Fax. (+49 6238)989099 + (+49 6238)1313

      Message: 5
      Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 15:29:02 -0000
      From: "Dave Oncale"
      Subject: Equine Theft Listserve

      Dear members,

      Earlier this year I started a website for the purpose of providing
      names and addresses of PI's willing to take on equine theft cases.
      As a prior law enforcement officer, I know the general lack of
      interest from most agencies to put serious investigative efforts
      into these cases, since it is, to them, a property crime. However,
      as a horse owner and breeder, the loss is a tremendous emotional
      issue, and in some cases a trmendous financial loss.

      This holiday season, I ask all of you to consider joining the
      Netposse listserve, a non-profit organization know as Stolen Horse
      International, at www.netposse.com. Debi Metcalf has single handedly
      developed a website where people that have had horses stolen, can go
      to print flyers, and ask for help. I will also be happy to place
      your company on the website I have created
      www.equinetheftinvestigatorsnetwork.com, if you provide me with all
      your info.

      I have attached a news story of a typical unhappy ending of a stolen
      horse. Maybe someday you can be in the position to help someone like
      this, as I have, recover a stolen horse, before such a tragedy can
      happen. Thanks for your time and Happy Holidays to all!

      DJ Oncale and Associates Investigations
      23150 Eastside Road
      Willits, Ca. 95490
      707-459-6395
      Fax 707-459-6395
      www.oncaleinvestigations.com
      www.equinetheftinvestigatorsnetwork.com
      www.netposse.com (All the info you will need to know about horse
      theft and prevention)

      December 11, 2004

      Girl's horse stolen, slaughtered

      By Heather Yakin
      Times Herald-Record
      hyakin@...

      Roscoe � Somewhere out there is a heartless thief who stole a 13-
      year-old girl's horse and sold him to a slaughterhouse.
      Sky Dutcher learned on her 13th birthday, Nov. 26, that her
      Arabian-Morgan mix horse, a beautiful silver bay called Cimmorron,
      was gone. He'd been stolen from his pasture on Morton Hill Road.
      Sky hoped to get her horse back by Christmas.
      But Thursday night, she and her dad, Dale Dutcher, got the news:
      Cimmorron had been sold to a slaughterhouse in Quebec.
      "I was really, really mad," Sky Dutcher said yesterday. "I was
      hoping that it didn't happen. I was hoping that we were going to get
      him back."
      The horse was a birthday gift to Sky in 2002. He was a friendly,
      goofy colt, his brown coat and dark legs, mane and tail peppered
      with silver so he looked blonde and pewter.
      "He was really, really nice," Sky Dutcher said. "He was really
      good with kids."
      On Nov. 26, the family went to the pasture where they kept
      Cimmorron. At first, they thought he was elsewhere on the 435-acre
      spread.
      "I couldn't even conceive in my mind that someone would steal my
      horse," said Dale Dutcher, who's got two more horses and other
      animals on his farm in Roscoe.
      When they realized the horse had been stolen, sleuthing turned up
      a suspect, a person they know.
      State police are investigating. No arrest has been made.
      The Dutchers and Dale's fiancee, Brandi Barker, and family friend
      Alix Dench-Layton, who bred Cimmorron, contacted Stolen Horse
      International. The nonprofit group's network of horse folks helps
      look for stolen horses.
      People around the country searched for Cimmorron at livestock
      auctions and slaughterhouses. The response amazed the family.
      The Dutchers looked, too, driving for hours, working the phones,
      getting fliers printed.
      Thursday night, Dench-Layton got the confirmation from the
      slaughterhouse in Quebec. It had bought Cimmorron and, unaware of
      the theft, sent the horse to slaughter.
      "It's devastating," Dale Dutcher said. "And it's one of those
      crimes they don't pay attention to."
      About the only criminal charges that can be filed for horse
      thefts are larcenies.
      He'd like to see that law change, as well as this one: Any horse
      sold for recreation needs a certificate stating it's free of
      infectious equine anemia. Sell a horse for slaughter, and no such
      paperwork is needed. Requiring the certificate could slow horse
      thieves, Dutcher said, and maybe help find stolen horses.
      "Unfortunately, the legal system can't break it down to how much
      you care for the horse," Dutcher said. "They can only break it down
      to how much you paid for the horse."
      Cimmorron's case isn't rare.
      "It's happening all the time," said Debi Metcalfe of Stolen Horse
      International. About 40,000 horses are stolen each year in the
      United States.
      Most of the time, the horses that are stolen are sold at auction,
      usually within 24 hours, she said.
      "If [people] see a horse being loaded on the side of the road,
      don't assume it's the horse's owner," Metcalfe said. "Call the
      police and let them figure it out."
      Sky Dutcher hasn't given up on having a horse of her own.
      "I want to get an ugly horse," she said. "I feel bad, because
      nobody will want the ugly horse."
      "And no one will steal it," Dale Dutcher added.

      Protecting your horse

      Have your veterinarian microchip your horse, and use a visible
      identification like a freeze-brand or lip tattoo.
      Record the ID information with state and federal registries.
      Keep current photos of the horse.
      Maintain a file of your important horse information.
      Keep fencing in good shape and gates padlocked.
      Don't leave halters or lead ropes by the stall doors or hanging
      on gates or fences. Don't keep halters on horses in the pasture.
      Install security lighting around the barn. Keep a dog or other
      noisy animal on premises to alert you to any intruders.
      Get to know your neighbors. Start a neighborhood watch.

      Source: Stolen Horse International

      If your horse is stolen

      Report the theft to police immediately. Provide a written
      description, identification information, a recent photo, copies of
      ownership papers. Stay in touch and update them on what you've
      learned.
      Notify the New York State Horse Council (online at
      www.nyshc.org).
      Forward your horse's ID information to livestock auctions and
      horse dealers in your area and surrounding states. Contact
      slaughterhouses.
      Notify your vet, neighbors, farrier and feed and supply stores.
      Visit auction yards and slaughterhouses. Check all trailers and
      pens.

      Source: New York State Horse Council

    • Afronet Globe
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 13, 2004
        Dear members,

        In my country,Nigeria and indeed most countries of Africa the expression "you go give me something o" is an indirect request for financial gratification for what was done against the speaker's will.

        May I inform you also that with such "something" anybody could procure any document from payment receipts, birth certificates, death certificates, sworn affidavits, endorsed police reports, cerficate of cause of death, certificate of burial, grave sites with tomb stones epitaphs and photos of a living person claimed to have died, video recordings of the funeral of a living person claimed to have died, name it.Such a document may be authenticated by a "Notary Public".

        I have got attorneys,doctors,police officers,government officials,mortuary attendants,cemetery attendants etc to confess in writing that they were given small "something" to provide such documents and cover.Amazing enough most of them later attempt excusing themselves by intoning that it was the work of the "devil".With ample evidence of photographs and endorsed statements from on-the-spot investigation I prove much of the claims false.

        I hope I'd not bored you shit with my "something" alert.Please if doesn't tally with your kind of gist be kind enough to let me know.I'm amenable to learning.Please feel so very free to ask me anything about any claims from my people and cross my heart I would tell you the truth , the whole truth and nothing but the truth.And I won't ask for any "something".Thank you and have a nice Christmas holiday.

        Sincerely yours,

        Remy Ogu.

      • Afronet Globe
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 13, 2004
          Dear members

          Please I'm conducting a study on the possible reasons for the tendency for Africans resident in Europe and America especially, to return and entice people here to provide them fake documents and cover up for bogus insurance claims.

          Greed,very high poverty level,adventure etc have been identified as the commonest reasons proferred by all kinds of professionals for collaborating with the returnees to forge documents to facilitate false claims.But I want to correlate this finding with some suggested or ascertained reasons in Europe and America why,for instance, a Ghanaian Nurse based there would return to procure false documents claiming that her son died whereas it was her aged uncle that actually died.

          Could it possibly be greed, crippling poverty out there, adventure or vandette

        • A Grudko
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 14, 2004
            From: Afronet Globe [mailto:afroserve2000@...]
            > My name is Remy.I am a private investigator based in Lagos, Nigeria and I
            work cases in different countries of Africa.

            Welcome cousin

            Andy Grudko (British), DPM, Grad IS (South Africa)
            MIS/Grudko Associates, Est. 1981. PSIRA reg. No. 8642
            www.grudko.com , agrudko@...
            Pretoria HO (+27 12) 244 0255 - 244 0256 (Fax) Branches:
            Sandton (+27 11) 465 9673 - 465 1487 (Fax)
            Johannesburg (+27 11) 781 7206 - 781 7207(Fax)
            Mid Rand (+27 11) 318 1451 - 318 6846(Fax)
            Cellular (+27) 82 778 6355 - ICQ 146498943
            SACI(Pres) SASA, IPA, WAD, CALI, UKPIN, IWWA.
            "When you need it done right - first time"

            ---