Re: Is this plausible? Manipulating VHS tape

  • liusiguang
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2004
      Dr. Peg,

      How about the bad guy installing a splitter so the same video signal
      is sent to a second VCR, with a different date. This could be
      his 'alibi' tape, when marked and substituted for the original...

      Regards,

      Sam Norris AKA Liu Si Guang

      --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, Peg Daniels <drpeg2003@y...>
      wrote:

    • Peg Daniels
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2004
        Thanks for the idea, Sam! I'm keeping a little list of
        alternatives to see which pans out best. And there's
        always future stories . . . :-)

        After corresponding (by e-mail) with a person at a
        security technology company and bringing up some
        points people on this list mentioned, I believe I've
        been able to manipulate the original scenario to get
        around the problems brought up about it so far(for
        instance, a system with GEN Lock evidently gets around
        one of the "noise/roll" problems Andy brought up). Of
        course, I may run into future problems, so I
        appreciate the various responses I've been getting.

        Thanks again,
        Peg Daniels

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail