Re: [infoguys-list] Digest Number 1260

  • Jurydoctor@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2004
      In a message dated 11/19/2004 12:25:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com writes:

      Re: shed some light on this matter

      I believe that if it was dark enough for the trailer to be hid, then it
      was
      dark enough to have his head lights on. There for he must drive within the
      light from the head lights. I can't believe that he didn't see the trailer
      unless he had something else distracting him of too much speed
      or was he talking on a cell phone or finding papers. Most drivers would
      have
      seen this trailer.
      Illegially parked or not this trailer didn't move into his lane, he hit it.

      007

      Message: 2
      Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 00:48:57 -0900
      From: "Todd Wilson" <tw_investigations@...>
      Subject: RE: shed some light on this matter

      Jurydoctor,

      If all three trailers where parked unlawfuly,the tractor operatetors are
      responceable for the out come. A hazard reflector traingle should have been
      placed at a distance equal to the posted speed limit (in feet) plus the
      stoping distance required (in feet) for a vehicle traveling at the posted
      speed limit. Thats the farthest point. Also must go towards the back of the
      object.

      For example, a vechile traveling at the posted speed limit of 40mph requires

      125 feet to stop. The most distance of an inmoveable object indacater should
      be place at a distance of 165ft.
      (125 feet + 40 feet = 165 feet ).
      BUT ! IF Inmoveable object indacaters are limited,the farthest should be
      place in a pattern from right to left at 50 feet,than 20 feet,and at the
      back and front of the object,indacateing a hazard to the lane of travel
      ahead.

      Our tractor trailers in Alaska have to have reflective tape on them,360
      degrees.

      One thing to remmber ! No matter what lies in the lane ahead,when you
      leave your lane you are
      responceable !