[infoguys-list] Removal from list

  • Douglas & Arlene Stuart
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 1999
      Chris Tang wrote:

      > Mr. Boyd,
      >
      > I'm not going to stoop to your level by bashing you the way you did me
      > simply because I'm not satisfied with someone's products. You indicate in
      > your email that you "spent many hours and a ton of money" buying every book
      > "under the sun" in an attempt to try and "figure out and become" and private
      > investigator. Well, if you found the right book and most effective methods
      > in the industry very early in your search for information, maybe you may
      > have not spent "many hours and a to of money". I'm sure that you were
      > dissatisfied with many of the products you bought and did not feel that they
      > were worth as much as you paid for them. But, let me emphasize, my letter
      > to Laura was not a "slam". It was simply a professional way of letting her
      > know that her manual did not live up to my expectations and that I would
      > like a refund. This "slam" is your *******PERCEPTION********which is your
      > ******REALITY***** and no one else's reality but your own......not even
      > Laura's. Laura was very appropriate in her response and was polite, offering
      > me an opportunity to contact her and so forth, but for someone like you to
      > pop up out of the woodwork the way you did and add new meaning to my e-mail
      > is wrong and unprofessional. This leads me to question and not say that you
      > are, but question, how many times you've come across a situation in your
      > investigative work that "appeared" one way and you transformed that view to
      > your liking. I ask this because you're very convincing and probably so
      > convincing to the detriment of others.
      >
      > In addition, I am not a "wanna be Magnum PI". Because I disagree with
      > someone else's view on things or don't get satisfaction for the $100 I paid
      > for something isn't a negative thing. When you're not satisfied with the
      > quality of goods you return it back to the merchant?? Well most people I
      > know do. Therefore, I am not sure why as a result of my asking for a refund
      > causes you to make a statement that I don't have the "juice" to do the job??
      >
      > I'm not "crying", I'm simply stating my position and asking for my money
      > back and that is it. If Laura is unwilling to refund my money then that is
      > certainly her choice. I know what my rights are according to the Card Issuer
      > Agreement with my credit card company and will exercise them to the fullest
      > extent if I am unable to resolve this successfully.
      >
      > If you found the training course to be the BEST for you then that is great.
      > I'm happy for you.
      >
      > *******NOTE*******
      > The e-mail sent to Laura was meant to go to her directly. I generally do
      > not send mail to people on this forum and so I forgot that clicking the
      > reply button, everyonen would recieve a copy. So, for those of you getting
      > this piece of mail and are angered by it......please accept my apologies.

> [...]

      Hello. Please remove my name from this list. Approximately, 6 months
      ago, I subscribed to this list with the hope of sharing ideas and
      assisting my business. In the past few weeks, I have seen this "group"
      become much 'less' than what was originally expected.

      Please....get back on track to the scope and purpose of this list. I'm
      sure the 'manual' is a good publication, but in reality, I am sick and
      tired of this subject monopolizing my in-box.

      To the people who continue to revisit this 'issue'...grow up!

      Regards,

      Douglas Stuart
      Hospitality Investigations/Audits
      Victoria, B.C. Canada
    • PSween222@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 1999
        << > *******NOTE*******
        > The e-mail sent to Laura was meant to go to her directly. I generally do
        > not send mail to people on this forum and so I forgot that clicking the
        > reply button, everyonen would recieve a copy. So, for those of you getting
        > this piece of mail and are angered by it......please accept my apologies.
        >
        > Thanks, >
        > Christopher Tang

        Geez Christopher - CHILL already

        This is a Private Investigation information list that last time I checked,
        not for venting your frustrations on list members - I am sure Laura will take
        care of this if you give her some time to do it.

        Pam Sween, LPI
        AZ