OT: used laptop?

  • Peg Daniels
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2004
      Sorry for any cross-posting --I am info gathering for
      a friend:

      I have asked questions of this group regarding stories
      I write (mysteries, so far). In doing so, I have met,
      thru e-mail, some very helpful people. One person I
      met is a bit down on his luck now, and I am wondering
      if anyone can help out. He just had major surgery and
      his doctor told him to retire. He wants to start
      writing a book about his life as a bounty-hunter. It
      is far easier for him to type it onto a computer file
      (and use that spell-checker!), but his computer died.

      Does anyone have an old laptop they can part with?
      He's hoping for Win 98 or better, pent. 2 or better.
      He can afford about $250. If you think you can help
      out, please contact me personally, and I will put you
      in touch with him.

      Thank you for any help you may offer.

      Sincerely,

      Dr. Peg Daniels