Girtag AG / Corky Corkscrew and Foreign Service of Process

  • lawdog798@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 19, 2004
      I need to serve __Swiss Corporation ___(moderator removed name) Has anyone here ever filed against this entity and, if so, do they have an
      agent for service of process anywhere in the US? Serving them in Switzerland
      must be done according to the Hague Service Convention and I would love to
      avoid that, if possible.

      If I cannot effect service in the US, then the documents must be translated
      into German. Can anyone recommend a good, cost effective German translator?

      As I have never had occasion to serve a foreign corporation, any information
      and/or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks in advance!

      Lowell Steiger
      8383 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 830
      Beverly Hills, California 90211
      (323) 852-1100
      (323) 852-1033 fax

    • Vicki Siedow
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 19, 2004
        I'd recommend that you contact Miriam

        Miriam, IWWA Moderator

        Ettisch-Enchelmaier GmbH [Ettisch-EnchelmaierGmbH2@...]

        Author of a PI book: http://www.pimall.com/nais/successfulpi.html
        M. Ettisch-Enchelmaier, B.A., President, CEO ISBN: 1-891247-59-X
        Ettisch-Enchelmaier GmbH SINCE 19-SEVENTY-TWO
        Bodelschwinghstr. 9/67246 Dirmstein/Germany
        http://ettisch.euro-detectives.org
        Tel. (+49 6238)989 098, Fax. (+49 6238)989099 + (+49 6238)1313

        Author of a PI book: http://www.pimall.com/nais/successfulpi.html
        M. Ettisch-Enchelmaier, B.A., President, CEO ISBN: 1-891247-59-X
        Ettisch-Enchelmaier GmbH SINCE 19-SEVENTY-TWO
        Bodelschwinghstr. 9/67246 Dirmstein/Germany
        http://ettisch.euro-detectives.org
        Tel. (+49 6238)989 098, Fax. (+49 6238)989099 + (+49 6238)1313

        She's a long time German PI who has connections you wouldn't believe. She's
        extremely competent and a lovely lady.

        Vicki Siedow
        Siedow & Associates Investigations
        & Custom Legal Support Services
        2629 Foothill Blvd. #262
        La Crescenta (Los Angeles area), CA 91214
        818-688-3295 fax
        Siedow@...
        http://Siedow.LawAndOrder.com
        CA Lic. PI #22852