Re: DOC

  • Jurydoctor@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2004
      he only reason a female Nurse need to be around a prisoner is for
      medication or checkups. In our County Jail the prisioers were brought to the
      office for attention from the female staff. Therefore, the single inmate is
      unable to
      impress his fellow inmates and there is plenty of security for the female
      and
      that took care of the problem for us. We also had a female who wanted to get
      into
      the cell block for the attention.
      ----------------------------
      that is certainly one solution, I do not know why they are going to the cell
      blocks
      ________________________________
      What does the Plaintiff's want done? You going to "write up " a man who is
      doing life and never going to get out of prison? The women knew they were
      going
      to work in a male prison when they took the job and in doing so they are
      going
      to be exposed to behavior that goes with that institution, to expect the
      male
      officer to stop this is like asking that the sun no longer come up in the
      East.
      ---------------------------------
      The plaintiffs are nurses. They are suing because of the correction
      officer's behavior regarding the inmate's behavior. they want the correction officers
      to discipline the inmates (for example add more jail time) . the nurses
      feel that the guards are not taking this issue seriously and it is a form of
      sexual harrassment.

      what would you like the male guards to do? Beat the crap out of
      prisioneers.They run the asylum not the guards.The inmates are in there because of their
      problems coping outside and crimes commited.If the female nurses or
      correction people cannot handle the situation then find a job at K-Mart

      I guess there are things the male guards can do (put em in isolation) etc..
      but they aren't which is pissing off the nurses...
      Amy