Answering Services

  • David H. Press
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 16, 2004
      We are considering using an answering service for our business and would like to hear from anyone currently using them...the good...the bad and of course the UGLY!!!

      THANKS AND ENJOY THE WEEKEND.

      David H. Press
      dhp@...
      Press Investigations, Inc.
      3 Danada Square East #262
      Wheaton, IL 60187
      630-637-4008 - Office
      630-637-4009 - Fax

    • Vicki Siedow
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 16, 2004
        DON'T DO IT!

        LOL, well there may be some good ones out there, in fact I had one for a
        while. I do think it's important to have a live person answer, as many will
        not feel good about leaving a message and getting a call back. I found one
        service which was rather "folksy," but at least the operators knew and
        liked me, and took a genuine interest in helping my business. That service
        was bought out by another, larger one. That was a disaster until I
        complained enough to get a specific operator assigned to my phones. That
        went well, as she also cared about my business and clients, and they liked
        her as well. She finally quit, and the service managed to lie to me and
        hide the fact for about 3 months or more. During that time they went back
        to having the calls answered by "the first available operator." They
        literally put me out of business. I finally figured it out when a fellow PI
        called on my cell and said he'd been on hold for a loooooong time after
        telling the operator it was a rush. He then told me that he had been left
        on hold or disconnected on every call for weeks. I checked with other
        clients and they had the same story. I had lost a ton of work. I
        immediately stopped using the service, and started transferring the calls to
        my cell when I go out. It stinks, but it's brought back my business
        quickly. This month is my best ever in about 12 years of business. I need
        to find a better solution, but having tried machines and a service, and
        having found both wanting, I will stick with my cell phone until I can find
        a dedicated individual who can handle the job. If business stays this good
        I will hire someone. Remember, the person answering your phones is the
        representative of your business. The impression they make is crucial.

        Vicki Siedow
        Siedow & Associates Investigations
        & Custom Legal Support Services
        2629 Foothill Blvd. #262
        La Crescenta (Los Angeles area), CA 91214
        818-688-3295 fax
        Siedow@...
        http://Siedow.LawAndOrder.com
        CA Lic. PI #22852