Barrett's Disease and Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass

  • lawdog798@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2004
      Hello -
      Potential client (actually her husband) contacted me because his wife
      underwent gastric bypass in response to her morbid obesity. Prior to the surgery,
      the woman was diabetic, had had her gallbladder removed and suffered from
      various other ailments. One ailment which she did not suffer from, however, was acid
      reflux. Subsequent to the bypass, she began experiencing severe symptoms of
      acid reflux, was diagnosed with Barrett's disease and has recently had to
      undergo a total gastrectomy. Her husband is sure that there is some malpractice
      on the part of the doctors who performed the original bypass.

      Can anyone here provide some insight?

      Thank you very, very much and, of course, Happy 4th!!!!

      Lowell Steiger, Attorney at Law
      8383 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 830
      Beverly Hills, California 90211
      (323) 852-1100
      (323) 852-1033

    • Heather
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4, 2004
        Hello,

        I am a Nurse and know quite a bit about this procedure and the
        complications that can happen post-op. Contact me offline and I will
        help you in anyway I can.

        Heather L. Sheridan LPN/IVC