Re: tracking down bank info

  • Peg Daniels
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 18, 2004
      > > Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:25:02 EDT
      > From: Seerpeye@...
      > Subject: Re: Re: tracking down bank loan info

      > Daylight Time,
      > _drpeg2003@..._ (mailto:drpeg2003@...)
      > writes:
      >
      > I am
      > wondering how this information about the loan could
      > be
      > unearthed, what
      > the procedure would be. I would like my investigator
      > to unearth
      > similar information on a suspect. If you could
      > suggest
      > a way for my PI
      > to discover this.
      >

      > So, if I'm understanding your question correctly,
      > you would like a licensed
      > investigator to provide you with the step by step
      > how to procedure so that you
      > can include the information in your book?
      >

      > Rose Mary Cyr
      > Seer Investigations, P. O. Box 11120, Portland,
      > Maine 04104-7120
      > _Seer Investigations_
      > (http://www.seerinvestigations.com/)
      > seerpeye@...
      > office (207) 772-3999 cell (207) 841-3999
      > Maine PI license 95-684

      Dear Ms. Cyr and others,

      I find it hard to write about stuff I don't have an
      understanding of (aka "winging it"), so yes, the more
      complete my understanding is, the better I can
      incorporate it in my story, so a "step-by-step"
      analysis would be great, or as complete a picture as I
      can get. But no, I doubt I would include it in quite
      that form in my book.

      Just like I learned all about how this one forger
      managed to forge the provenances of paintings
      skillfully enough that he made hundreds of thousands
      of dollars in the '80's off of bogus paintings -- I
      now know how he did it and included enough in my book
      to make it believable that such a thing could be done,
      but I didn't include every last detail of how he went
      to such and such gallery and took a scalpel to
      collection books and matched the typeset on his
      computer and seeded in the information he wanted and,
      etcetera, etcetera. But because I *know* how he did
      it, I can cull out the relevant info to make what my
      character does seem real enough.

      Sorry if this is long-winded!

      Dr. Peg Daniels
      drpeg2003@...
      Professor of Mathematics, retired
      Would-be author
      Department of MAthematics
      Auburn University
      Auburn, AL 36830

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • pegasus3
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 19, 2004
        I cannot believe anyone is discussing this which is at best on the fringe of
        legality, on this list. People on this list are NOT required to be licensed
        as investigators. Im not the moderator but if I were this topic would be
        off limits.

        "Semper Occultus"

        Edwin C. Hodges
        Managing Director
        Peregrine International, Inc.
        6411 Saddle Ridge Rd.
        Arlington, TX 76016
        Voice: 817-516-0155
        FAX: 817-887-5588

        Texas License A-11626

        _____

        > wondering how this information about the loan could
        > be
        > unearthed, what
        > the procedure would be. I would like my investigator
        > to unearth
        > similar information on a suspect. If you could
        > suggest
        > a way for my PI
        > to discover this.
        >

        > So, if I'm understanding your question correctly,
        > you would like a licensed
        > investigator to provide you with the step by step
        > how to procedure so that you
        > can include the information in your book?
        >

        > Rose Mary Cyr
        > Seer Investigations, P. O. Box 11120, Portland,
        > Maine 04104-7120
        > _Seer Investigations_
        > (http://www.seerinvestigations.com/)
        > seerpeye@...
        > office (207) 772-3999 cell (207) 841-3999
        > Maine PI license 95-684

        Dear Ms. Cyr and others,

        I find it hard to write about stuff I don't have an
        understanding of (aka "winging it"), so yes, the more
        complete my understanding is, the better I can
        incorporate it in my story, so a "step-by-step"
        analysis would be great, or as complete a picture as I
        can get. But no, I doubt I would include it in quite
        that form in my book.

        Just like I learned all about how this one forger
        managed to forge the provenances of paintings
        skillfully enough that he made hundreds of thousands
        of dollars in the '80's off of bogus paintings -- I
        now know how he did it and included enough in my book
        to make it believable that such a thing could be done,
        but I didn't include every last detail of how he went
        to such and such gallery and took a scalpel to
        collection books and matched the typeset on his
        computer and seeded in the information he wanted and,
        etcetera, etcetera. But because I *know* how he did
        it, I can cull out the relevant info to make what my
        character does seem real enough.

        Sorry if this is long-winded!

        Dr. Peg Daniels
        drpeg2003@...
        Professor of Mathematics, retired
        Would-be author
        Department of MAthematics
        Auburn University
        Auburn, AL 36830

        To unsubscribe, send a message to <a
        cribe@yahoogroups.com</a><br/>

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129kf2d5q/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr
        oups/S=1705059354:HM/EXP=1087736127/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://comp
        anion.yahoo.com> click here

        :HM/A=2128215/rand=443706981>

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • Bryan McManis, BSBA
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 20, 2004
          Greetings,

          I happen to agree with Mr. Hodges on this one. Everyone at one time
          or another will be an investigator. For example, if you are a manager
          you will have to investigate things almost daily. There are many
          occupations that would require you to investigate. Being a Doctor
          would be one. You would in fact use investigative skills to determine
          what is wrong with a patient. However, there is a big difference
          between using these types of skills and the step-by-step skills that
          are being discussed here.

          This is an open forum and the types of skills being discussed are
          very specific and require training and experience to use them. This
          is exactly why so many states require Licensing for Private
          investigation for the use in the public sector.

          As for the person trying to write a book this could in fact be a
          pretext. If it is not a pretext and you truly want to find the
          specific steps for your book I would hire a licensed investigator to
          gather the information that he would provide you in a formal written
          report. If you were writing about an emergency room I doubt you would
          get a Physician to tell you step-by-step emergency treatment. It
          would be unethical to do this and you would have to" wing it"
          if you
          were not a nurse or doctor. They do restrict access to the emergency
          room.

          There will always be discussions about investigation. But step-by-
          step is not appropriate in this unrestricted forum.

          Respectfully,
          Bryan McManis

          --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, "pegasus3" <Pegasus3@s...>
          wrote:
          > I cannot believe anyone is discussing this which is at best on the
          fringe of
          > legality, on this list. People on this list are NOT required to be
          licensed
          > as investigators. Im not the moderator but if I were this topic
          would be
          > off limits.
          >
          > "Semper Occultus"
          >
          > Edwin C. Hodges