Followup - Source of Revenue for PIs?

  • Brian Taylor
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2004
      Sorry - I meant to make these points also with regard to driver surveillance:

      1. Point out that when private citizens call into any number (800 or one you set up), there's no substantiation of their complaint....and waiting until you get multiple independent calls regarding a driver means the employer is leaving him on the road. If there is an accident and the other party discovers even ONE complaint, the employer is going to be asked in court what he did about it. "I was waiting for more complaints" ain't gonna cut the mustard.

      2. Really bone up on the commercial driving code in your state so you can expertly spot some of the less obvious violations. As an extreme example, you wouldn't know that you want to start shooting as the vehicle approaches a RR crossing unless you know that he's supposed to stop.

      3. Offer both complaint-based and random/scheduled surveillance. Point out that lots of people who see bad driving behavior never take the trouble to complain before it's too late.

      4. If the driver also performs in-home services (plumbing, carpet cleaning, etc.) offer background services and point out that using background-checking employees is a selling point - especially to older customers, as more and more of the population is becoming, by the way.

      Brian

    • Webb Family
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 10, 2004
        Greetings -

        Anyone interested in purchasing old phone CD's such as Prophone and
        Directphone please contact me off list and I will send you a list of what I
        have. Alot of 1993 - 2000 available.

        Patrick Webb
        Webb Investigations
        Indiana License PD10300005