[infoguys-list] Re: I need some help

  • Rick A. Burrows
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 27, 1998
      Hello All
      My name is Rick Burrows. I am an investigator in the St Louis, Missouri
      area and I need some help. I don't have much of a budget so here it is.

      I was contacted by someone to find their mother who they have not seen
      since 1945 in St. Louis. Her name was Helen Florence Spicer Murray in
      1945. She underwent a major religious conversion and became very
      trusting in the Lord. She divorced in St Louis in 1945. She then
      remarries a man by the name of Al Herzog in St. Louis in May 1947. She
      then has a baby girl by the name of Allene Murray Herzog on 9/14/1947 in
      the St Louis area. At the time of the marriage to Al Herzog she is now
      going by Mary Helen Herzog. In 1952 she goes from Granite City Illinois
      to Minneapolis, Mn to the North Central Bible Institute. She was there
      until August of 1953. During this time, Al Herzog has the marriage
      annulled stating that it is a marriage in name only.
      I am ble to track Mary Herzog and Allene to Showlow, Arizona in the
      Fall of 1953. She is living in an 8 room house that she is trying to get
      made into a church. She applied to the Assemblies Of God Arizona Council
      for certification as a minister or lay person. The last known contact
      with them or the people that knew her in the St Louis area is Feburary
      1954 and she is writing from Fairfield Texas.
      If Mary Helen Florence Spicer Murray Herzog is still alive, I have
      found NO trace of her or the child Allene.
      Mary Herzog has given several conflicting dates of birth with one
      exception. Her birthday according to her birth certificate is 21 May
      1910 and she was born in Lancaster County Nebraska. She has listed also
      ,1911, 1913, and 1914 as to years of her birth.
      Her parents names were Ora Spicer and Florence McLin, both being form
      Knox City, Missouri.
      I have been unable to locate ANY reference to her parents, or to
      Allene ecept her school record from First Grade in ShowLow Arizona.
      If anyone can help me locate these two individuals I would be
      thankful.

      Rick A. Burrows
      P.O.Box 19712
      St. Louis, Missouri 63144
    • Carole Nickerson
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 30, 1998
        I don't know if may be of any help Rick, but I found a few little bits and pieces at http://www.ancestry.com that might help

        The closest match I could find to Helen Florence Spicer Murray was as follows:

        Helen Spicer - Born Sept.24/1911
        - Died March 1980
        SSN: 527-12-3889
        85016 Phoenix,AZ

        It might not be anything but because her birthdate is somewhere between 1910 and 1914, who knows?

        I found a listing for Florence McLin too:

        Born Jan.4/1894
        SSN: 496-54-6867

        63107 St.Louis, Missouri

        This one seems close to the description you gave but then again, a deeper search is needed.

        If I find anything else I'll let you know....

        C.Nickerson

        -----
        See the original message at http://www.egroups.com/list/infoguys-list/?start=64
      • Rick A. Burrows
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 16, 1998
          Rick A. Burrows wrote:

          > Hello All
          > My name is Rick Burrows. I am an investigator in the St Louis, Missouri
          > area and I need some help. I don't have much of a budget so here it is.
          >
          > I was contacted by someone to find their mother who they have not seen
          > since 1945 in St. Louis. Her name was Helen Florence Spicer Murray in
          > 1945. She underwent a major religious conversion and became very
          > trusting in the Lord. She divorced in St Louis in 1945. She then
          > remarries a man by the name of Al Herzog in St. Louis in May 1947. She
          > then has a baby girl by the name of Allene Murray Herzog on 9/14/1947 in
          > the St Louis area. At the time of the marriage to Al Herzog she is now
          > going by Mary Helen Herzog. In 1952 she goes from Granite City Illinois
          > to Minneapolis, Mn to the North Central Bible Institute. She was there
          > until August of 1953. During this time, Al Herzog has the marriage
          > annulled stating that it is a marriage in name only.
          > I am ble to track Mary Herzog and Allene to Showlow, Arizona in the
          > Fall of 1953. She is living in an 8 room house that she is trying to get
          > made into a church. She applied to the Assemblies Of God Arizona Council
          > for certification as a minister or lay person. The last known contact
          > with them or the people that knew her in the St Louis area is Feburary
          > 1954 and she is writing from Fairfield Texas.
          > If Mary Helen Florence Spicer Murray Herzog is still alive, I have
          > found NO trace of her or the child Allene.
          > Mary Herzog has given several conflicting dates of birth with one
          > exception. Her birthday according to her birth certificate is 21 May
          > 1910 and she was born in Lancaster County Nebraska. She has listed also
          > ,1911, 1913, and 1914 as to years of her birth.
          > Her parents names were Ora Spicer and Florence McLin, both being form
          > Knox City, Missouri.
          > I have been unable to locate ANY reference to her parents, or to
          > Allene ecept her school record from First Grade in ShowLow Arizona.
          > If anyone can help me locate these two individuals I would be
          > thankful.
          >
          > Rick A. Burrows
          > P.O.Box 19712
          > St. Louis, Missouri 63144
          > 314-521-7452

          SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I found her and Allene.
          Mary died in March 1997 in New Mexico. She had married again and her
          last name was Funk. Allene was listed as her daughter at the place where
          Mary was cremated. I spoke w/ Allene today and told her of the family
          members that she has back in Missouri. She was VERY excited and looking
          forward to hearing from her new found 1/2 brother and sister.
          I ended up finding Mary's mother first and she died in a nursing home
          in El Paso Texas in January 1968 and her last name had become
          Broadstreet.

          I thank all that took an interest in this matter and tried to help me
          solve this 53 year old mystery.

          Rick Burrows