is justice blind?

  • robert
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 11, 2004
      I was recently sued for vandalism to a shed on a property I moved out
      of 3 years ago. My ex girlfriend still lived there with her boyfriend
      and his two teenager boys , her cousin and her boyfriend and 2 kids
      . She was served an eviction notice. On August 15, 2003, The landlord
      filed a police report stating a shed was sawed in half. Now he is
      suing me for that damage. I had proof that I was in another city
      getting a building permit at city hall that day , and also a receipt
      from a hardware store that was in another state showing the time and
      date that I was there . I even had cancelled checks showing that it
      was in fact me that was at those places. . Now , the plaintiff?s
      witness, that I had no idea was going to be in court, testified that
      my son told him the we tore the shed down. My son told me he never
      said that . In fact , he was with me that day . I told the courts
      that my ex was present when the police report was written stating that
      it was someone else that did the vandalism, but the judge ruled that
      hear say. Then why isn?t his witness?s testimony hear say without my
      son being called to the court room to verify the story? Would you
      believe even with my proof I was somewhere else, I still lost the case
      ? IS there any way I can get justice?
      Robert, from Indiana
    • karousel
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 11, 2004