Re: [infoguys-list] how would you defend this case?

  • Condor
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 9, 2004
      Funny......That very same or "similar" incident happened to me back in
      1995.(Night time at 9:30 P.M. clear visibility)

      A Laotian male driving a raised full sized pick up truck (Ford or Chevy)with
      a crash bar and oversized tires & wheels at about the same speed with his
      lights off approaching an intersection rammed into me broadside or "T" boned
      me and my Toyota Cressida and left me with 4 broken ribs and the associated
      bruising and trauma. I am 6'3" and 200 plus pounds and was able to walk
      away. Slower the next day when the pain caught up.

      I was coming from a parked possession in a parking lot and my car was dark
      blue. The other vehicle was driving over 90 MPH and had his lights off. I
      still missed him even though I looked both ways TWICE. I saw him hit me the
      fourth time I looked.

      I was lucky I didn't get a punctured lung or heart or worse. God must have
      some special needs for me as I am doing now.

      I thought it was associated with "Death Threats" I was getting from possible
      Customs agency "goofs" I was exposing when I was with U.S. Customs till
      1998.

      I am sorry the other fellow didn't come out too good.

      My medical costs were about $20,000 and all were paid, plus a slight
      settlement for the loss of my totaled vehicle. (Not much) No damages. I went
      back to work 3 days later in pain. I slept on the couch on my right side for
      about 9 months before finally sleeping on a hard bed.

      "Bob" was traveling too fast to be seen for the street conditions or safety
      in the area. He sounds like he is lying. Either way Bob is wrong, unless
      there are other details.(Again I am relating to my accident)

      Call or contact me if you want to discuss further details.

      John Carman-San Diego
      www.carmaninvestigations.com
      P.O. BOX 3811
      La Mesa, Ca. 91944
      Pager: (619)601-9250
      john@...

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 10, 2004
        Hi! 4/10/2004

        As already expressed by a colleague:

        A judge will most likely ALSO make your client at least 25%
        liable, why? In his condition he was not safe to drive a car,
        even if he were not under medication influence. He still was
        weak (even if he declines it) AND he is not used to drive
        with impaired vision (one eye). In some countries he would not
        get a driver's license. Sorry.

        Happy Easter from Germany
        http://ettisch.euro-detectives.org
        M. Ettisch-Enchelmaier, B.A., President, CEO
        Ettisch-Enchelmaier GmbH SINCE 19-SEVENTY-TWO
        Bodelschwinghstr. 9/67246 Dirmstein/Germany
        Tel. (+49 6238)989 098
        Fax. (+49 6238)989099 + (+49 6238)1313
      • Marvin Woodworth
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 11, 2004
          Amy, which person are you defending, bob or Smith..
          there is case for against both, but would rather
          defend Smith.. Smith, if he feels he was impaired or
          was taking any meds or how long did he work before the
          accident... mentally tired, failure to yield right of
          way, the doctor possible, maybe for not discussing the
          side effects.. then Smith.. failure to control his
          vehicle to avoid an accident, last chance law, dui,
          excessive speed, then there is victims restitution and
          so on....
          Marvin Woodworth

          http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html