RE: [infoguys-list] how would you defend this case?

  • Rus B. Robison
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 9 8:46 PM
      Amy,

      There are experts who may be able to tell if the headlights were on at the
      time of the collision, if the evidence was not totally destroyed. If the
      headlights are proven to have not been on, "Bob" is at fault, assuming the
      lack of sufficient other ambient lighting conditions to illuminate his
      vehicle. One cannot yield to something they cannot see.

      If the lights were on, then there is about a 50/50 fault indicated. Perhaps
      "Mark" is a little more than 50% negligent. You NEVER pull away from a stop
      sign or enter a roadway until you are 100% certain that it can be done
      safely. Unfortunately, the 90 MPH is not a factor unless he came around a
      curve that caused a poor sight triangle and Mark had no opportunity to see
      him and react in time.

      The lack of complete information in these cases makes it very difficult to
      give legitimate opinions on occasion. Without the totality of all
      circumstances, opinions will really do you no good anyway.

      Just my humble opinion of opinions based on 33 years of putting these cases
      together for plaintiffs and taking them apart for defendants.

      With best regards, I remain...

      Very truly yours,
      THE ROBISON COMPANIES, LLC
      PRIVATE INVESTIGATORS

      Rus B. Robison

      THE ROBISON COMPANIES, LLC
      Private Investigators
      Post Office Box 720560
      Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73172-0560
      (405) 721-2295 Voice
      (877) 721-2295 Toll-Free

      rbr@...

      Oklahoma's FIRST State Licensed Private Investigation Agency.

      Serving all of Oklahoma and the great Southwest since 1972.

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 9 8:48 PM
        Funny......That very same or "similar" incident happened to me back in
        1995.(Night time at 9:30 P.M. clear visibility)

        A Laotian male driving a raised full sized pick up truck (Ford or Chevy)with
        a crash bar and oversized tires & wheels at about the same speed with his
        lights off approaching an intersection rammed into me broadside or "T" boned
        me and my Toyota Cressida and left me with 4 broken ribs and the associated
        bruising and trauma. I am 6'3" and 200 plus pounds and was able to walk
        away. Slower the next day when the pain caught up.

        I was coming from a parked possession in a parking lot and my car was dark
        blue. The other vehicle was driving over 90 MPH and had his lights off. I
        still missed him even though I looked both ways TWICE. I saw him hit me the
        fourth time I looked.

        I was lucky I didn't get a punctured lung or heart or worse. God must have
        some special needs for me as I am doing now.

        I thought it was associated with "Death Threats" I was getting from possible
        Customs agency "goofs" I was exposing when I was with U.S. Customs till
        1998.

        I am sorry the other fellow didn't come out too good.

        My medical costs were about $20,000 and all were paid, plus a slight
        settlement for the loss of my totaled vehicle. (Not much) No damages. I went
        back to work 3 days later in pain. I slept on the couch on my right side for
        about 9 months before finally sleeping on a hard bed.

        "Bob" was traveling too fast to be seen for the street conditions or safety
        in the area. He sounds like he is lying. Either way Bob is wrong, unless
        there are other details.(Again I am relating to my accident)

        Call or contact me if you want to discuss further details.

        John Carman-San Diego
        www.carmaninvestigations.com
        P.O. BOX 3811
        La Mesa, Ca. 91944
        Pager: (619)601-9250
        john@...

      • Ettisch-EnchelmaierGmbH2@t-online.de
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 10 1:47 PM
          Hi! 4/10/2004

          As already expressed by a colleague:

          A judge will most likely ALSO make your client at least 25%
          liable, why? In his condition he was not safe to drive a car,
          even if he were not under medication influence. He still was
          weak (even if he declines it) AND he is not used to drive
          with impaired vision (one eye). In some countries he would not
          get a driver's license. Sorry.

          Happy Easter from Germany
          http://ettisch.euro-detectives.org
          M. Ettisch-Enchelmaier, B.A., President, CEO
          Ettisch-Enchelmaier GmbH SINCE 19-SEVENTY-TWO
          Bodelschwinghstr. 9/67246 Dirmstein/Germany
          Tel. (+49 6238)989 098
          Fax. (+49 6238)989099 + (+49 6238)1313
        • Marvin Woodworth
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 11 7:15 AM
            Amy, which person are you defending, bob or Smith..
            there is case for against both, but would rather
            defend Smith.. Smith, if he feels he was impaired or
            was taking any meds or how long did he work before the
            accident... mentally tired, failure to yield right of
            way, the doctor possible, maybe for not discussing the
            side effects.. then Smith.. failure to control his
            vehicle to avoid an accident, last chance law, dui,
            excessive speed, then there is victims restitution and
            so on....
            Marvin Woodworth

            http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html