Re: Nigeria

  • ray_madison
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 24, 2004
      What I am saying is that if Mr Lidipe is offering to help 419 victims get t=
      heir money back,
      and charges a fee for those services, he is certainly trying to take anothe=
      r bite out of those
      victims, as he knows he will not be able to get their money back, and claim=
      ing an ability to
      do so is at best dishonest. There is no bigotry involved in this assessmen=
      t; con-men
      come in all shapes, sizes, nationalities and colors.

      Mr. Grudko infers that since these victims were themselves attempting to en=
      gage in a
      criminal enterprise, they deserve no sympathy and thus it's OK to get a lit=
      tle more out of
      them. Well, he's not the only one who has seen these victims cry, and he a=
      dmittedly had
      sympathy for the one he refers to. And he admittedly has no knowledge of a=
      nyone getting
      their money back, as Mr. Lipide proposed he could do.

      If the various governments have an interest in stopping these schemes, then=
      they must
      also feel it's fair to warn potential victims. That's my motive - I don't =
      speak for the other
      posters.

      Ray Madison