[infoguys-list] Computer Program

  • Duane W. Purdue
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 18, 1998
      There's been a few requests for information and programs lately.
      Well, I have one.
      Is there any propram available that will accept entries for "name"
      "address" "phone" "license plate #" etc. Naturally that exists. But
      what program will flag those entries so that if one is entered again, it
      will alert you. That may be a very valuable program over the long
      term. It would let you know if you've worked a subject, worked at an
      address, or ran a plate before. How many of us could use a program like
      that ? ? ? ? ?

      Duane Purdue
      Purdue Investigations
      Auburn, Calif.

    • Jan A. Lindsey
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 19, 1998
        Duane W. Purdue wrote:

        > There's been a few requests for information and programs lately.
        > Well, I have one.
        > Is there any propram available that will accept entries for "name"
        > "address" "phone" "license plate #" etc. Naturally that exists. But
        > what program will flag those entries so that if one is entered again, it
        > will alert you. That may be a very valuable program over the long
        > term. It would let you know if you've worked a subject, worked at an
        > address, or ran a plate before. How many of us could use a program like
        > that ? ? ? ? ?
        >
        > Duane Purdue
        > Purdue Investigations
        > Auburn, Calif.

        You bet your license we all would. Of cource the only one were all
        familiar with is our formerly accessible NCIC.

        To have an internet data base for PI use similar to what you describe,
        all PIs must become aware of it and second, must make data entries. That
        kind of web page internet based would cost some real bucks to set up and
        make operational. I am aware of one company on the web that could
        accomplish such a task. Lets get some more input from others and see
        where it leads.

        JAL
        --
        Jan A. Lindsey
      • Larry Brademeyer
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 19, 1998
          Re: The flagging of names/numbers etc. I know of 1 company which
          advertises an asset search which will flag a social security number for a
          year and notify you if it enters any of their databases. The Company is
          Landsharks, in Fla., ph# 407-253-0232 . email is landsharks@....
          Hope this helps, Larry Brademeyer Daley@...
          www.daleyinvestigations.com