police case

  • Jurydoctor@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2004
      excellent point, Heather.
      I have been thinking about that for while (the catch 22)
      I wouldn't leave my child with him.. but from what I understand she left the
      house, thusly leaving their child with him and her sister.
      AS

      Well the Police were in a catch 22 if they ended their
      chase and the man who has a history of violence then
      killed the child the mother would be suing for
      wrongful death because they broke off their chase.
      Most SUV's have tinted windows if this is the case
      then the Police may very well have not known that the
      child was unrestrained as the vehicle that was stolen
      was the Mother's and common sense would think that the
      Mother had a car seat in the car. The person that is
      responsible for this horrible accident unfortunately
      died. The Father is the one that is at fault here not
      the Police.But since the Mother can not seek justice
      from the Father she is going after the Police. What
      next is she going to go after the SUV company because
      the SUV overturned? Or because the SUV did not have a
      disabling system which made it impossible for the
      vehicle to start if the seatbelts were not fastened?
      Unfortunately in life accidents happen. The Police
      were not acting maliciously by chasing the Father who
      had kidnapped the child. The Father was acting
      maliciously when he assaulted the woman and kidnapped
      the child. And on that note having been the family
      member of someone who was a victim of domestic
      violence, I can say when she fled the house while her
      boyfriend was beating her she did not leave without
      her child as she knew he would be his next target. The
      Mom is somewhat to blame for leaving the child in the
      house to be able to be grabbed. If she was fearing for
      her own life why the hell would she leave her child in
      the house with the man?

      Hope this helps,

      Heather L. Sheridan