question

  • karousel
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 19, 2003
      I have to go to a seminar that will be held in an auditorium or large room.

      What recording device can you recommend that can be concealed and still pick
      up all the speakers?

      Thanx.
      wjf
    • Leif
      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 20, 2003
        --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, "karousel" <karousel@w...>
        wrote:
        > I have to go to a seminar that will be held in an auditorium or
        large room.

        > What recording device can you recommend that can be concealed and
        still pick
        > up all the speakers?
        >
        > Thanx.
        > wjf

        Try this device out.
        http://www.store.yahoo.com/spyville/digital-voice-and-phone-
        recorder.html
      • Rus B. Robison
        Message 3 of 23 , Dec 20, 2003
          If you sit close enough to one of the amplified speakers in the auditorium,
          about any recording device should work well. Why spend money when it is not
          necessary?

          With best regards, I remain...

          Very truly yours,
          RUS B. ROBISON AND ASSOCIATES, INC.
          PRIVATE INVESTIGATORS

          Rus B. Robison

          Rus B. Robison and Associates, Inc.
          Private Investigators
          Post Office Box 720560
          Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73172-0560
          (405) 721-2295 Voice
          (877) 721-2295 Toll-Free

          rbr@...

          Oklahoma's FIRST State Licensed Private Investigation Agency.

          Serving all of Oklahoma and the great Southwest since 1972.

          > I have to go to a seminar that will be held in an auditorium or
          large room.

          > What recording device can you recommend that can be concealed and
          still pick
          > up all the speakers?
          >
          > Thanx.
          > wjf

          Try this device out.
          http://www.store.yahoo.com/spyville/digital-voice-and-phone-
          recorder.html

          e@yahoogroups.com</a><br/>
          To unsubscribe, send a message to <a
          cribe@yahoogroups.com</a><br/>

        • Leif
          Message 4 of 23 , Dec 20, 2003
            Rus is right about that. Any good recorder will do the job if you can
            sit close enough to the speakers. I was just offering an option. (and
            maybe a chance to make a make a sale)An absolute shameless promotion
            of my site. (: (;

            --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, "Rus B. Robison" <rbr007@c...>

            Service.

          • Rus B. Robison
            Message 5 of 23 , Dec 20, 2003
              Aaaaahhh, now I get it!

              Are you sure your initials are not RT? He is the original shameless
              promoter!!

              Rus

              wrote:
              > If you sit close enough to one of the amplified speakers in the
              auditorium,
              > about any recording device should work well. Why spend money when
              it is not
              > necessary?
              >

              > With best regards, I remain...
              >
              > Very truly yours,
              > RUS B. ROBISON AND ASSOCIATES, INC.
              > PRIVATE INVESTIGATORS
              >
              > Rus B. Robison
              >
              > Rus B. Robison and Associates, Inc.
              > Private Investigators
              > Post Office Box 720560
              > Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73172-0560
              > (405) 721-2295 Voice
              > (877) 721-2295 Toll-Free
              >
              > rbr@r...
              >
              > Oklahoma's FIRST State Licensed Private Investigation Agency.
              >
              > Serving all of Oklahoma and the great Southwest since 1972.

              Service.

              e@yahoogroups.com</a><br/>
              To unsubscribe, send a message to <a
              cribe@yahoogroups.com</a><br/>

            • A Grudko
              Message 6 of 23 , Dec 20, 2003
                > --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, "karousel" <karousel@w...>
                > wrote:
                > > I have to go to a seminar that will be held in an auditorium or
                > large room.
                > > What recording device can you recommend that can be concealed and
                > still pick
                > > up all the speakers?

                Ask the sound technician on duty to tape the seminar for you as you have to
                miss certain sections due to a family crisis......

                Andy Grudko (British), South Africa
                Umkhonomunye abashokobezi baseMzansi
                Consulting Investigator - Est. 1981 - ICQ 146498943
                Registered as a security service provider by the Private Security Industry
                Regulatory Authority, Reg. No. 8642
                www.grudko.com , andy@... . (+27 12) 244 0255 - 244 0256 (Fax) - 082
                778 6355 (Cell)
                SACI(Pres) SASA, IPA, WAD, CALI, UKPIN, IWWA.
                When you need it done right - first time
              • karousel
                Message 7 of 23 , Dec 20, 2003
                  Thank you for your reply.

                  It is imperative that I have the ability to record all the speeches at the
                  seminar. I do not know in advance the type of facilities - whether it is a
                  big room with no microphone, etc.

                  I have a mini recorder but it won't cut it. The recorder must be sensitive
                  and pick up the speeches clearly. I may have to get a certified transcript
                  of it all and do not want any doubt left as to what was said.

                  Again, thanks for your help.

                  wjf
                  > If you sit close enough to one of the amplified speakers in the
                  auditorium,
                  > about any recording device should work well. Why spend money when it is
                  not
                  > necessary?
                  >

                  > With best regards, I remain...
                  >
                  > Very truly yours,
                  > RUS B. ROBISON AND ASSOCIATES, INC.
                  > PRIVATE INVESTIGATORS
                  >
                  > Rus B. Robison
                  >
                  > Rus B. Robison and Associates, Inc.
                  > Private Investigators
                  > Post Office Box 720560
                  > Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73172-0560
                  > (405) 721-2295 Voice
                  > (877) 721-2295 Toll-Free
                  >
                  > rbr@...
                  >
                  > Oklahoma's FIRST State Licensed Private Investigation Agency.
                  >
                  > Serving all of Oklahoma and the great Southwest since 1972.

                • pegasus3
                  Message 8 of 23 , Dec 20, 2003
                    I use an Olympus digital recorder ES330. will record up to 5.5 hours and
                    can be transferred to your computer as a dss file for editing and
                    transcription. I dont know if that would get all the seminar in one day
                    without reloading or not.

                    Another option is a digital that provides 25 hours of recording but I have
                    not purchased one and do not know the quality of the recording.

                    "Semper Occultus"

                    Edwin C. Hodges

                    Edwin C. Hodges
                    Peregrine International
                    PMB 150, 1550 Eastchase Pkwy
                    Fort Worth, Texas 76120
                    Voice: 817-516-0155
                    EFax: 775-261-7088
                    EMail: Pegasus3@...
                    WEB: www.pi-inc.us
                    Texas License Number: A11626

                    ================================
                    DISCLAIMER NOTE: The information in this electonic mail (e-mail) message
                    may be confidential. This information may be protected by priviledge, work
                    product immunity, or other applicable laws. If you are not the intended
                    recipient the retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this
                    e-mail without permission of the author is strictly prhibited. Since e-mail
                    can be altered electronically, the integrity of this communication cannot be
                    guaranteed. This message may be opinon of the sender only.

                    ===========================
                    NOTICE

                    This e-mail communications is not intended to be interpreted as legal or
                    financial advice. Do not act or rely upon the information in this
                    communication without seeking the advice of an attorney or financial
                    advisor.

                    Message 9 of 23 , Dec 20, 2003
                      From: karousel <karousel@...>
                      > It is imperative that I have the ability to record all the speeches at the
                      > seminar. I do not know in advance the type of facilities - whether it is
                      > big room with no microphone, etc.

                      Tape at source, directly of the seminar's sound system. This type of ability
                      is what distinguishes a PI from a 'Wannabe'.

                      Message 10 of 23 , Dec 20, 2003
                        I don't know if there is a sound system. That is why I am directing the
                        question here as you have the experience and can point me in the right
                        direction.

                        I am not a PI or a "wannabe". I leave that to you expert professionals which
                        I respect you for. I am in the legal field. I am working on a project and
                        this situation will surely be coming up in the future and I want to be
                        prepared.

                        Thank you for your assistance.

                        wjf

                        Message 11 of 23 , Dec 20, 2003
                          Thank you for the information. I will look into it.

                          I wish everyone a safe and happy holiday and a healthy and prosperous New
                          Year.

                          wjf

                          Message 12 of 23 , Dec 21, 2003
                            > I don't know if there is a sound system. That is why I am directing the
                            > question here as you have the experience and can point me in the right
                            > direction.
                            > I am not a PI or a "wannabe". I leave that to you expert professionals
                            which
                            > I respect you for. I am in the legal field. I am working on a project
                            and
                            > this situation will surely be coming up in the future and I want to be
                            > prepared.

                            If it does come up, hire a professional.

                            Andy Grudko (British), South Africa
                            Umkhonomunye abashokobezi baseMzansi
                            Consulting Investigator - Est. 1981 - ICQ 146498943
                            Registered as a security service provider by the Private Security Industry
                            Regulatory Authority, Reg. No. 8642
                            www.grudko.com , andy@... . (+27 12) 244 0255 - 244 0256 (Fax) - 082
                            778 6355 (Cell)
                            SACI(Pres) SASA, IPA, WAD, CALI, UKPIN, IWWA.
                            When you need it done right - first time
                          • charlie69702002
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jul 28, 2004
                              If you are seeing a counsler(out-patient) to help yourself on the
                              job and protect yourself. Is this enough under the law? Or should
                              you require legal help.
                            • Tracey
                              Message 14 of 23 , Mar 18, 2005
                                Hi I have a question that I want to pose to anyone that can possibly
                                help me.My husband does free lance automotive work. He took on a job
                                of putting in a motor the guy dropped off the car in Mid Sept and
                                never gave my husband any money to start on the car until recently.
                                My husband completed the job which was a $250.00 job the guy only
                                paid a $100 and my husband was stupid enough to let the guy drive
                                off with the car. He has never offered to pay my husband the other
                                $150 he still owes him (which I know we will never see the money)
                                Now the guy after almost 2 weeks of having the car is complaining
                                saying there is a water leak and that this is wrong and so forth
                                that he almost did not make it home when he picked up the car and he
                                picked up the car 2 weeks ago but started complaining just the other
                                day stating my husband owes him a $100.00. what can we do in this
                                situation I am not going to give into his ridiculous demands in my
                                opinion he just wants something for nothing. But he has been calling
                                repeatedly the past few days and has been making low key
                                threats.Like I don't know what my boy's are going to do to you(my
                                husband he is speaking too).any advice would be helpful.
                                Best advice I could give my husband is to wake up and smell the
                                coffee and quit being so trusting.
                                Thanks
                                I would like to file some kind of T.O.P but I do not know his last
                                name or address all I have is the phone number that he calls from
                                I am in Columbus Ohio

                                Thank you so much,
                                Tracey
                              • oracleintl@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 23 , Mar 19, 2005
                                  In a message dated 3/19/2005 11:03:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                                  traceyburgett2000@... writes:

                                  I would like to file some kind of T.O.P but I do not know his last
                                  name or address all I have is the phone number that he calls from
                                  I am in Columbus Ohio

                                  Call the police and tell them about the threats. Get a report on file and
                                  let them follow up with the guy. If Ohio is a one party state, record as many
                                  of the threatening calls as you can. If not, the police may set you up to
                                  record them.

                                  Bill E. Branscum, Investigator
                                  Oracle International
                                  _www.OracleInternational.com_ (http://www.OracleInternational.com)
                                  PO Box 10728
                                  Naples, FL 34101
                                  (239) 304-1639
                                  (239) 304-1640 Fax
                                  Illegitimi non carborundum

                                • bryanmcmanis
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Mar 20, 2005
                                    I agree with Mr. Branscum's advice.

                                    In addition, you may end up having to go to small claims court on
                                    this one. If you end up recording phone calls, in it is possible and
                                    he makes threats you might tell him that you can file a small claims
                                    court case to resolve this issue.

                                    It might be possible to get a mechanics lien on the debtor. However,
                                    I do not know if this can be done in this case because your husband
                                    does not have an auto repair business and business license. It is
                                    worth at least checking into even if you just have to rule that out.
                                    In addition, hind site is 20/20 and if I were doing this I would at
                                    the very minimum have some kind of simple contract for services drawn
                                    up. I did this when I did wedding photography. Those can be a real
                                    nightmare if you know what I mean. It was just a one page contract in
                                    very simple to read terms. Nothing fancy at all. It helps a great
                                    deal should you end up in small claims court.

                                    In closing, maybe someone else will have additional options for you
                                    as well. Do not take these threats lightly because you never know
                                    whom you are dealing with. One big hint will be whether he is willing
                                    to file a claim in court.

                                    Sincerely,
                                    Bryan McManis
                                    Magnus Process Serving and Field Service
                                    Bryan McManis, BSBA, CPS
                                    Certified and Bonded Process Server # 04-3-7
                                    Office 352-624-1884
                                    FAX 775-206-9612
                                    Graduate of Florida Institute of Criminal Justice
                                    Kodak Certified Photo Specialist
                                    Certified Legal Photographer
                                    BryanMcManis@...
                                    www.MagnusProcessServing.com

                                    --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, oracleintl@a... wrote:

                                    > In a message dated 3/19/2005 11:03:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                                    > traceyburgett2000@y... writes:
                                    >
                                    > I would like to file some kind of T.O.P but I do not know his last
                                    > name or address all I have is the phone number that he calls from
                                    > I am in Columbus Ohio
                                    >

                                    > Call the police and tell them about the threats. Get a report on
                                    file and
                                    > let them follow up with the guy. If Ohio is a one party state,
                                    record as many
                                    > of the threatening calls as you can. If not, the police may set
                                    you up to
                                    > record them.
                                    >
                                    > Bill E. Branscum, Investigator
                                    > Oracle International
                                    > _www.FraudsAndScams.com_ (http://www.FraudsAndScams.com)
                                    > _www.OracleInternational.com_ (http://www.OracleInternational.com)
                                    > PO Box 10728
                                    > Naples, FL 34101
                                    > (239) 304-1639
                                    > (239) 304-1640 Fax
                                    > Illegitimi non carborundum

                                  • Vicki Siedow
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Mar 20, 2005
                                      I suggest that you sign up for Pre-Paid Legal Services. You can ask all the
                                      legal questions you want, and the attorneys will write letters and make
                                      phone calls on your behalf. The cost is as low as $17 a month for your
                                      whole family. They also help with Wills, traffic tickets, IRS audits, and a
                                      lot of other things. Check it out, it does really work.
                                      http://AreYouProtectedYet.com

                                      Once you've done that, and if they need the full name and address, we will
                                      work on that. They may be able to handle it with a phone call. Having a
                                      big time attorney call you up can be scary.

                                      Vicki Siedow
                                      Siedow & Associates Investigations
                                      & Custom Legal Support Services
                                      2629 Foothill Blvd. #262
                                      La Crescenta (Los Angeles area), CA 91214
                                      818-688-3295 fax
                                      Siedow@...
                                      http://Siedow.LawAndOrder.com
                                      CA Lic. PI #22852
                                      Member NCISS
                                      Need economical legal help?

                                      Message 18 of 23 , Oct 17, 2009
                                        What state agency in Georgia would handle complaints against investigators?

                                        Sylvia
                                        karousel@...

                                        Message 19 of 23 , Oct 17, 2009
                                          I think that would be -

                                          State Board of Private Security Agencies
                                          237 Coliseum Drive
                                          Macon, GA 31217-3858
                                          (478) 207-1460

                                          In a message dated 10/17/2009 7:54:06 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
                                          karousel@... writes:

                                          What state agency in Georgia would handle complaints against investigators?

                                          Sylvia
                                          _karousel@..._ (mailto:karousel@...)

                                        • karousel
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Oct 17, 2009
                                            Thank you.

                                            Sylvia
                                            karousel@...

                                            Message 21 of 23 , Mar 19, 2013
                                              In NYS, is it illegal or unethical for a private investigator to approach a police officer (works for an out-of-control police department) and discuss the advantages of this officer coming forward and telling the truth in a matter?

                                              Sylvia

                                            • oracleintl
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Mar 19, 2013
                                                That's not illegal anywhere ... dangerous, and perhaps very naively
                                                foolish, but absolutely legal.

                                                If I was dealing with a serious corruption related situation, and false
                                                statements by law enforcement authorities, I would put the case together and
                                                let the DOJ explain to the officer why they should tell the truth.

                                                In my view, any PI that would take on the job of "cleaning up"
                                                institutionalized law enforcement corruption would be far too naive and inexperienced
                                                to be up to the job.

                                                Bill E. Branscum, Investigator
                                                Oracle International
                                                Naples, FL 34101
                                                (239) 304-1639 V
                                                (239) 641-6782 C

                                                Message 23 of 23 , Mar 19, 2013
                                                  Thank you for your reply.

                                                  The FBI states they investigate color of law complaints against law enforcement. The information was sent to the FBI, and the person never received a response.

                                                  I'll pass along your suggestion. Thanks again.